Battery amp limit and regulated mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I have a similar question. I'm using a joyetech Evic Primo Mini mod like the one in this link. I assume it's a regulated mod but I don't really know.
Joyetech™ eVic Primo Mini Starter Kit (w/ ProCore Aries) - Vapor Authority

I'm currently using a Samsung 25R 20A 2500mah battery but I'm considering buying a different battery with a higher mah rating and a lower amp rating in hopes that I'll get a little bit longer run time between charges.

The battery that I want to switch to is a LG MJ1 10A 3500mah but I'm not sure if it's safe for my mod and my vaping habits. The photo below is a page from the Joyetech owner's manual for my mod. It says that I should use a battery with a CDR greater than or equal to 25A.

I vape almost exclusively at 14 watts but when I do change my wattage I never go above 18 watts.

Is the LG MJ1 10A 3500mah a safe alternative for my situation?

It would be more-or-less safe as long as you are very careful never to exceed your usual wattage, but it really wouldn't help you much. The 10A batteries are what people were talking about earlier, where the sag tends to negate the extra capacity. The actual performance isn't really any better than with a 20A battery.

As for the owner's manual, you would want a 25A (or 30A) battery if you were going up to higher wattages. As long as you stay well below 45 watts, you're fine with a 15 - 20A battery like the Samsung 30Q, the 25R you're using now and a few others that have been recommended. You could use a 15 - 20 A 3000 mAh battery (30Q, LG HG2, Sony VTC6) to get a little more capacity than the 25R, but I have to say that I've found the difference to be pretty minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread