battery came apart when taking it out of charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I put my battery to charge and when it finished I went to unscrew it and the case came off but all the parts stayed attached, i managed to unscrew the actual battery bits carefully and when you push the button the lit still lights up but since it was a manual I cant seem to get it to fit back together. i had the happen once before but it was an auto so i just pushed the battery parts back into the casing and its fine and dandy and been working still for months. anyway my question is if anyone has any idea how I can get it back together. if I put the button in first and have it sit in the er... button hole lol then when I try to slide the rest in it knocks it out of place but if I try to put the button and the battery bits in the case at the same time they dont fit. so ya just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if they have any clue how to fix it. i am not the most handy person so i thought id ask ya all if ya have any ideas. thanks :)

ETA: i do lurk here a fair but but dont post often so I figure id add that no I didnt email v4l bout this since it happened all of 10 mins ago and I bought this batt quite awhile ago i just never really use it (maybe had to charge once or twice in the like 2 months ive owned it but both times it was fine so I suspect this is my fault rather then anything wrong with the actual battery)

Last edited:
ahh trish, you posted while I was editing, I would but since I am fairly sure that its my own fault Id feel guilty getting a replacement on something I broke my self lol. I am debating it though because I really started to like this batt lately. and see it works just fine if I can get it to all go back together. I took a pic incase I wasnt explaining very well or if it would help.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/Ryskies/vape/1269290300.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/Ryskies/vape/1269290390.jpg

thanks d, and ya its way out of warranty by now which I totally understand. i just figured it might have happened to someone else as well. i dont expect a replacement at all, just ya all are much more knowledgeable about this stuff then i am and might have some ideas.

Last edited:
key, ya, i didnt think i had screwed it in too tight but obviously i musta! im usually very careful about not doing that but idk.

born, i didnt think it would matter too much to put it back together since I stuck the auto one back together and its fine (though that just involved sliding the bits back together and being extra careful not to screw anything on it very tightly), but I dont actually have a clue about any of this stuff so if it involves much else and ya tell me its not a good call ill take your word on it.

scott, things always seem to work like that eh?

its not like I even have the like know how to benefit from having it taken apart or the ability to screw around with it and like learn anything. well im gonna try again to stick it back together (if I could just get the button to go into place) after work tonight and if I dont I'll like mail it to one of you if you want lol so you can do whatever you do with them lol.

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
belle, ya of all people it would be me who would have something flat out weird happen :lol: ! i posted this on the other forum as well but then I was like OH BABY LIGHT BULB MOMENT! i should put it here and that way more people would see it and so more of a chance someone would have an idea of how to put it back together.
Very interesting, thanks for the picture, my suggestion is get in touch with V4L explain what happened, tell them you will pkg it up for delivery to them, and see what they say. Have had dealings with them RE: battery, told me to pkg it up and send it, however, it was a new purchase..........they did replace with a new one. Worth a try. Let us know what the out come is.

oh and lynn I irl laughed when I read your reply!

steve, thank you! thats is so much more then I expected, did you want me to send you the bits from this one to look over? my next order wont be for a few more weeks should i just mention it then? (I'm expecting an order to arrive in the mail tomorrow, its about an hour away and yes I am going to be stocking my mailbox all day tomorrow morning so I can pounce on the mailman when I see her)

hay, looks like you and steve got to this one at the same time :) i just... i cant believe it, i mean im like impressively like accident prone apparently or something. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread