Battery charge colors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zadrockn

Jul 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
Just received my very first PV set from V4L today. In the manual it says the first charge should be for 8 hours, charges after the first charge should be 3-4 hours. That's fine, but I don't see anything about charger LED color with regard to charging states in the manual.

Plugged in my 2 batteries in the USB and wall chargers...

The wall charger is green before plugging in the battery, when I screw in the battery it just stays green and the battery does nothing (no blinks).

The USB charger is blue before screwing in the battery, when the charger first makes contact with the battery the battery LED blinks 3 times then the blue light on the charger stays on.

What do blue and green lights mean? What other colors are there and what do they mean? Why are the charger colors in standby state not uniform! All blue or all green?

Is there something wrong with the wall charger that nothing seems to happen to the battery when I plug it in?

Neither of these batteries have ever been used. Maybe I missed a handy thread describing exactly this. I looked! If I did please link me. If not..help me out! Thanks a million. :)

Last edited:

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Thanks Kimmy. I can live with that..but why does the wall charger do nothing? Should the battery always blink when you plug it in like the USB?

I'm sorry I'm not really too sure I'm the right person to ask about that. I always use my wall charger because I feel like for some reason it charges faster.:)

Arcticraven

Jun 23, 2010
California
When I use my wall charger the battery blinks like 3 times then the LED on the charger turns from green to red. When the battery is fully charged it will then change to green again.

While using the usb charger the battery will blink 3 times, then the charger LED will change from blue to red. As the battery charges the red LED will eventually begin to flicker between red/blue (red for about 10ish sec then a real fast flash of blue). As the charge cycle continues the LED will then eventually change to an almost whiteish blue color (this happens when it is close to being fully charged). Then when complete the charger turns blue again.

If using a PCC when the battery is installed the light closest to the battery will turn on red. It will remain red until the battery is charged then turn off...

While charging the PCC itself the led farthest from the battery jack will illuminate red, and when the PCC is fully charged then that LED will turn green.

Hope this helps get ya on track. And as stated above my batteries have came fully charged so no worries...As long as they vape then ur in business.

zadrockn

Jul 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
When I use my wall charger the battery blinks like 3 times then the LED on the charger turns from green to red. When the battery is fully charged it will then change to green again.

While using the usb charger the battery will blink 3 times, then the charger LED will change from blue to red. As the battery charges the red LED will eventually begin to flicker between red/blue (red for about 10ish sec then a real fast flash of blue). As the charge cycle continues the LED will then eventually change to an almost whiteish blue color (this happens when it is close to being fully charged). Then when complete the charger turns blue again.

If using a PCC when the battery is installed the light closest to the battery will turn on red. It will remain red until the battery is charged then turn off...

While charging the PCC itself the led farthest from the battery jack will illuminate red, and when the PCC is fully charged then that LED will turn green.

Hope this helps get ya on track. And as stated above my batteries have came fully charged so no worries...As long as they vape then ur in business.

Perfect! Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread