Battery charging question

Status
Not open for further replies.

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
I just bought some Samsung 30t 21700 to go in my hammer of God v4 (I know it has its flaws). I have 4 new 21700 batteries charging on a xtar D4. Three of the batteries are on the second indicator light and one of them is still at one light. I'm assuming it was a bit lower voltage. Is this normal?

Reactions: stols001

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Three of the batteries are on the second indicator light and one of them is still at one light. I'm assuming it was a bit lower voltage. Is this normal?
It sounds quite normal to me. It is always better to ask than assume, we enjoy answering questions almost as much as helping spend other folks money.

Jerry

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If I had one battery out of four that's acting differently than the others when brand-new, I would take a Sharpie pen and mark it. I would also put it in a different slot the next time you charge it to see if the discrepancy moves with the battery, or whether one of the four slots might be a little lame. Oh, and I would also check things out with a volt meter.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've had an LG that was a bit hard to charge, in general. I wound up retiring it because I was like, "Eh, this is getting a bit odd."

IDK if it was The First Time, and after that it behaved normally I might assume it was a bit older or from a different batch or whatever, but I probably would not freak out.

I suppose to be on the safe side you could do everything Rossum suggested, that's probably your best course of action.

Or, you could toss it NOW. God if I did everything Rossum did with a battery (he's surely probably right though) I'd just say, "I'm tired. Goodbye battery."

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
He (Rossum) understands and enjoys that stuff. For me the whole thing is sort of like today's automobile; I can start it, I can drive it but how it works with today's electronics is mysterious to me.
I am with you, if they don't work or look like they are not working right then I pitch 'em (at BestBuy's bin). For my technical expertise, that is the only safe thing for me to do.

I've had an LG that was a bit hard to charge, in general. I wound up retiring it because I was like, "Eh, this is getting a bit odd."

IDK if it was The First Time, and after that it behaved normally I might assume it was a bit older or from a different batch or whatever, but I probably would not freak out.

I suppose to be on the safe side you could do everything Rossum suggested, that's probably your best course of action.

Or, you could toss it NOW. God if I did everything Rossum did with a battery (he's surely probably right though) I'd just say, "I'm tired. Goodbye battery."

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
He (Rossum) understands and enjoys that stuff. For me the whole thing is sort of like today's automobile; I can start it, I can drive it but how it works with today's electronics is mysterious to me.
Yeah, I know a thing or two about automotive electronics too; and when I retire from that business, I hope to buy one last car -- an old MBZ turbo-diesel that will happily run without any electronics. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread