battery draining while sleeping therion bf dna 75...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

narrdarr

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
fema region 9
So the title pretty much says it all.
About 2 weeks ago I started to notice that my battery would be draining when not in use. I would put a fresh a battery into the device, take a couple puffs, go to bed, and wake up to the battery at 0%.

Any ideas.

I also have a second dna 75.
A lavabox m but the fire button stopped working after it not being used for a month or so.
maybe i should make a separate thread for this issue?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
About 2 weeks ago I started to notice that my battery would be draining when not in use. I would put a fresh a battery into the device, take a couple puffs, go to bed, and wake up to the battery at 0%.

Any ideas.
Yes. The dna75c has notoriously bad power management. Click it off when not in use.
A lavabox m but the fire button stopped working after it not being used for a month or so.
Probably.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth

Any ideas.

Its entirely possible you have something wrong considering the 75C sits idle at 30ma. No way it would kill a battery overnight. Dumb question but have you tried a different battery? I have a 250C thats been setting here for 5 days and its down 1%.

• Agree
Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Any ideas.

Barring a Midnight Vaping Roommate/Wife/Husband, I would wonder if it might be the Battery and Not the Mod?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Its entirely possible you have something wrong considering the 75C sits idle at 30ma. No way it would kill a battery overnight. Dumb question but have you tried a different battery? I have a 250C thats been setting here for 5 days and its down 1%.
Yeah the 250c is supposed to be much better about it

narrdarr

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
fema region 9
Yes. The dna75c has notoriously bad power management. Click it off when not in use.

Probably.

I have this mod for about a year now and this just started happing

What firmware have you got on the device? Still factory?

Serial Number: TKMS KCVY DXCH
Firmware Version: 2016-06-05
Revision Code: 201606050

USB Vendor ID: 268B
USB Product ID: 0408
USB Product Version: 1.0

I thought about the firmware being an issue and i never upgraded till after the issues started. it did not fix the issue.

Check your board temp when it’s idle. Is the unit getting hot? Mine had the same problem and it was a fried circuit board.

yes it it is getting hotter
when i plug it in it was at 95F as i have been typing its at 17f

Have you tried opening the lavabox to see whats wrong with the button? Ive never owned one but I love how they look. Simple but sexy [: If volcano is still in business, id be surprised if they werent, you can email them and ask if this is a known issue and if they have any ideas or guides to help troubleshoot/fix it! [:

yes i have it open right now the button is has no response but i can fire through escribe.

As far as using different batteries. I have tried several different batteries from several different venders with no luck.

The simplest thing to do is download escibe and plug it up. It will automatically tell you new firmware is available. Takes two minutes. It can also troubleshoot your mod for you
Where is the troubleshooting feature ?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Maybe mine is better than others somehow, but it doesn't have bad battery life. It gets better life than most of my other regulated mods. I personally think that the people that complain about battery life are the ones running higher wattage. Mine has set for about 3 weeks and has went from 99% to 97%.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I have this mod for about a year now and this just started happing

Serial Number: TKMS KCVY DXCH
Firmware Version: 2016-06-05
Revision Code: 201606050

USB Vendor ID: 268B
USB Product ID: 0408
USB Product Version: 1.0

I thought about the firmware being an issue and i never upgraded till after the issues started. it did not fix the issue.

yes it it is getting hotter
when i plug it in it was at 95F as i have been typing its at 17f

yes i have it open right now the button is has no response but i can fire through escribe.

As far as using different batteries. I have tried several different batteries from several different venders with no luck.

Where is the troubleshooting feature ?
tools/ diagnostics
Its possible you have a bad board. It does happen from time to time. Nobodies perfect. Are you handy with a solder iron? The switches on the regular dna 75 are cheap as dirt. I have a box full of them if you want to solder one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread