battery draining while sleeping therion bf dna 75...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Maybe mine is better than others somehow, but it doesn't have bad battery life. It gets better life than most of my other regulated mods. I personally think that the people that complain about battery life are the ones running higher wattage. Mine has set for about 3 weeks and has went from 99% to 97%.

Long battery life was one of the 1st things I noticed with a 75C. I think you’re right that it must be high Wattage users.

Reactions: Zaryk

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
My Therion 75c non-BF, with two parallel 18650 (two 30Q), has been sitting idle for a week and it went from 98% to 97%, same as my Mirage.

I have read in this thread that the 75c board has "notoriously" bad power management.

It is plainly wrong.

The 75c board may not use the highest quality component parts available, but it is reasonably efficient, reliable and we'll engineered - as it is largely over-dimensioned.

An excessive quiescent current represent a fault of the board.

It can be caused by electrically leaky components, usually the ceramic chip capacitors, or a spill of e-liquid on the board, a common occurrence with the bottom feed models.

Both faults can be easily fixed if you have the right tools and skills.

I have seen some boards of late, with conformal coating applied on them, to prevent the parasitic current issue from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread