battery for a nemesis clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Decided to take the leap and bought my first mech mod from fast tech! went with the Nemesis clone (mixed edition) and I am beyond stoked to receive it in the mail, even though itll take a few weeks im sure. Now while I wait for it to arrive I need to order batteries and a charger. What do you guys recommend for batteries? should I use Protected or safe chemistry? Ide like to purchase at least 2 18650's and at least 1 18350 and a reliable charger. Not looking to spend a bunch but dont want cheap junk! If you guys could throw up some links that would be great!
Also I feel like im not ready to build my own coils and what not so ill most likely be getting a Kanger Aerotank or even a IBTanked carto.

thanks everybody and happy vapings :)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The Sony vtc4 (and probably the new vtc5) is among the best 18650 batteries for a mech mod. The Panasonic PF is good if you're not planing on doing low subohms. The new purple Efest 18350 is the best you can have for a mech in that size. A 10.5 amp limit, which is far above any other 18350s at the moment. Don't do low subohms on them though, or any other 18350 for that matter. All of the above are safer chemistry high-drain batteries, which is what you want to use. Avoid protected (and unprotected, of course) ICR batteries. I use the Nitecore I2 charger (there's also the four slot I4), which is a good basic charger. There are better chargers in a higher price range but I've been very satisfied with the I2 (although I'm now considering getting something with a built in led that shows the charge).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I can't really argue with what KenD said above. If you never plan on doing low sub-ohm rebuildables, the PanasonicPF 2900mAh 10 amp batteries are probably the top dog presently. (You don't need 35 amps if you aren't going to do sub-ohm, so you might as well get a battery with higher mAh.)

Protected ICR batteries have fallen out of favor for the high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries. A list of these batteries are in the following blog:

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

Mechanical Mod Proper Usage Guide

Don't skimp on a good charger. Nitecore and Xtar are recommended brands as well as Pila. Consider getting these as well as your batteries from RTD Vapor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread