battery help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjr

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
Hi everyone
ok so the new battys the holes are smaller in them and im useing autos i know my next will be a manuale i swear but anyone tried drilling thes smaller holed ones out yet? I just dont seem to get much power out of them and my new extra long one there going to exchange for me it dosent even light unless i aqua lung it :(

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
Could anyone elaborate on the triggering mechanism of the automatics?

Is it triggered by the force of the suction, or something else? I can see, very clearly, that the holes on my manual are noticeably larger than the holes on the automatic.

vkholecomparison.jpg

I'm much more fond of the easy draw of the manual, but if that additional suction is required to get the battery to trigger, I understand. If not, I may start digging around for the smallest drill bit I can find

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
It does make sense to have slightly smaller holes on the autos, and some of the threads I found from Google did seem to reinforce that idea, however mine still felt just a tiny bit too hard to draw, so I just grabbed a picture-hanging nail I happened to have in my desk here at work (one with a very sharp point), and worked it back and forth, to increase the size of each hole ever-so-slightly... and it's actually much better.

Last edited:

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
I think using a drill (even with a tiny bit) might increase the airflow too radically...

So if you used a bit that was 1/5th the size of the hole and ran it in and out once perfectly perpendicular in the center of the hole, it would "increase airflow radically"?

There's no substitute for tool selection or ability to employ the tool successfully. Or as my daddy more aptly frequently reminded me growing up: "It's the poor carpenter who blames his hammer."

[he also strongly subscribed to the "Six 'P's" : "Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance"

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
I wouldn't say "as always". A search for my nom-de-plume +mea-culpa will yield many of my acknowledgments for corrections to mistakes I've made...

Widening the holes with whatever is on-hand is common here. It's really soft metal. Awls, nails, sharps (syringe needles), rat teeth - I think it's all been done. I like tools, it's no secret.

I'm not usually one to recommend tools from Harbor Freight, but since bits are consumables (in my opinion) - these fit the bill.

I have a couple sets of the second...

6 Piece Mini Drill Set (From ~3/4mm up)
20 Piece Solid Carbide Micro Bit Grab Bag (0.8mm up)

bigjr

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
hi guys well im more thinking of the hole in the middle where the trigger lyes it seems they made them much smaller on the new battys compaire to my beloved battys from my original kit any one tried to drill this hole out? :D i might just have to be the first im guessing this would void my smileing warranty but im pretty sad now anyways :D

sooperdrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Maine
man i suck on it like aqua lung and it works sometimes but others wont even light up my shortys like that and my xtra long i just thought maybe makeing the hole bigger might help i may try it with my shorty coz its mine my xtra long they are going to replace for me.

i dont know if making the hole bigger will help or not. V4L's warranty is 45 days. send customer service an email and they will replace it if its within the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread