battery light keeps blinking while charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
hello,

I'v been vaping my dse-901 for about a month now and this is the second time this has happened to me, I'll screw my battery into my charger and it will keep blinking orange. can anyone tell me what its doing or whats wrong with it

Is it a manual or auto batt? Is it flashing all the time, or just when charging?

Could be something is stuck inside. I would be tempted to give it a rap on the table...might unstick it. Try also, if you don't feel like abusing it, to clean the terminals on the batt and the charger. Sometimes juice gets on them and keeps the contact from being made properly. I don't use a 901, but this happens sometimes with my 510.

Does the battery still charge? Are you still able to use the battery? I screwed my battery into a bad atomizer and the led on the battery (the fake cherry) stayed lit, regardless of what it tried to do, including sticking it on the charger. The batteries are pumped out of factories as fast as they can fly down the assembly line, so we are all going to end up with a few bad batteries here and there. Now I am down to 2 working stock batts and 2 mega-batteries.

You may have just got one of the semi-reject batts.

It is a manual battery, its only flashing when its on the charger and i dont think its charging because as soon as i plug it into the charger the light on the charger turns green(pretty sure that green means the battery is fully charged) but then the LED at the tip of the battery will blink orange 16 times then pause for a second then 16 times over and over again. the battery still works but i dont know if its actually charging when its blinking like that. i cleaned both connections but its still doing the same thing

gk7319

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
IL
This happened to me a few times when I was using the stock 510 manuals. Each time, I would unscrew the batt from the charger, press the button a few times and screw it back in. No problem after that and the batts always seemed to charge up OK.

I would also occasionally get a green light on a batt that I knew had not been on the charger long enough. For this I did the same thing, without pressing the button, and it would go back to red and charge properly.

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
I just recieved a des-901 that is doing the same thing on one of the batteries. It is fresh out of the box. I put it on the charger for about an hr and half and green light never came on. So I took it off and and took a few hits from it put it back on the charger and it started the 16 blinking orange light pause and again, over and over. It is a manual and it does have a charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread