Battery marriage...needed or not? Testing starts soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
Forgot about this thread. Since I always marry my batteries I'm just mildly curious about the results. Doubt if anything would change my habits in this regard.

My experience; EVERY pair of batteries purchased that were used independently (single-mech, pairing & unpairing with others for short periods, etc) have all died in 3-9 months use.

Married pairs in my experience have shown greatly extended life cycles, as have single-mech batteries never used in dual-mods.

Vented & exploded examples I have seen in person were typically mis-matches where those folks paid little attention to marrying pairs. This includes large cells used in parallel 12v, and series 24v & 36v systems for marine applications.

It's hard to imagine the test results here will be different than other applications marine, automotive etc. But, I am still following in the event I can learn ;-) and greatly appreciate folks that take the time to test.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It takes a huge amount of effort to write up everything, please be patient. This entire thing was a very bad idea and has been a nightmare for me in terms of responding to the huge number of questions about when it will be done.
You do what you need to do and don't worry about this. None of us are going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread