Battery memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
Hi--when I got my 510 kit of course I was too excited to follow the instructions and used the batteries right away instead of charging for 8 hours .I don't know if the memory thing is real but I'm getting about 30 min from a charge--is that normal?If memory is real with these batteries is there a way of resetting them?
thanks
--just ordered an Ego!

ChloeEranu

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Laurel, MT
30 minutes seems rather short to me. However, I chain vape to the point of using the thing like a pacifier, so a 510 battery lasts me 45 minutes max. I have no idea on the memory of a battery, though.

Good call on the eGo. I really like mine, but I love my Riva style battery better - just because I got used to the rubber feel of the 510 battery and I like that feeling on the Riva. They are so similar that it's really just a matter of preference (except Riva batteries are cheaper I think). I use both eGo's and the Riva every day :).

Where did you order your eGo from?

~C

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Li-Ion batteries do not have a problem with battery memory like the old NiCad's did, and there is no way of "resetting" them. There might be a problem with either the battery or the charger if you're only getting 30 minutes of use. The approximate length of time a battery will last between charges is determined by the milliamps per hour (mAh) of the battery. A 180mAh battery will last a little under two hours, depending on how often it's being used and the type of atomizers/cartomizers are being used on it.

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Using an older computer with USB that's not 2.0? On that old 1.1 spec it may not be out as much charge.

(Just a theory, I've not tried this..hoping someone who has will chime in...)

That shouldn't make a difference. If the USB is underpowering the charger, it will just take longer to charge -- but when the charger says the battery's done, it's done. If its severely underpowered, the charger will either indicate a fault or will never indicate the battery is done charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread