Battery or Power Supply with an On/Off Toggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arki

Apr 12, 2016
Hi!

I am looking for a battery or power supply with a 510-thread connector that has an on/off toggle kind of like a light switch. In other words, if I switch the toggle to the "on" state, it will continuously supply power. Then, it will continue to supply power until I toggle it to the "off" state.

Most of the batteries that I have found only supply power when I hold down a button, so wanted to reach out to the community here to see if you guys have had any experience with such a battery or power supply. Thanks so much!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi!

I am looking for a battery or power supply with a 510-thread connector that has an on/off toggle kind of like a light switch. In other words, if I switch the toggle to the "on" state, it will continuously supply power. Then, it will continue to supply power until I toggle it to the "off" state.

Most of the batteries that I have found only supply power when I hold down a button, so wanted to reach out to the community here to see if you guys have had any experience with such a battery or power supply. Thanks so much!
Batteries like that are NOT made for E-cigarette use.
What will you be using it for or with?
watermark_delta_9_persei-black_1024x1024.jpg

THIS is NOT an E-cigarette battery.

Cheers
I

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi!

There is nothing designed that way for ecigs. Regulated devices actually have a time limit on how long they supply power when you hold the button down. That's a good feature to avoid burning out your coils, your atomizer or overheating your battery. Mechanical mods don't have this feature which has sometimes allowed the battery to explode when something goes wrong.

You're into making your own here. Just be careful to think this through, know the failure modes of your system and how you're going to handle them.

Vape safe :thumb:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hi!

Gotta love the Helpful People here. :thumb:

Now, Before answering a Question like that on an E-cig Forum, where Devices Draw fairly high amperage and can overheat/Drain batteries Rather rapidly:

I Would ask - What is the purpose of your needed switch? :glare:

1)Don't want Op doing something Dumb.
2)Don't want a Troll making us look Dumb.

Even on an electronics hobby forum, one would ask purpose for proper application.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I think the IPV Mini has a mode where it will output continuously.

What is it, then?

The IPV-Mini continuous output is meant(ONLY) for Phone charging - Low current - and will NOT engage with a Low resistance Coil attached at higher wattage settings.
Tested on Several(personally owned) IPV- mini Devices.
*It will fire a Protank at Low watt setting - UNREGULATED!!!! WARNING!
Probably due to higher ohms and thin coil wire.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Hmmmm...
Voldemort vaping. Wink :facepalm: :rules::vapor:
Okay, then...what, besides "intended use," makes that different than a regular e-cigarette? It's got a battery, a power button, and a 510 connection, yeah? Does it run at a different voltage, or something? Doesn't it just matter what kind of..."consumable"...you top it/fill it with? I mean, couldn't you just as soon use "that" for e-liquid, or use one of "those kinds" of toppers on one of our devices? I just don't see what makes them different, except what you're using it for. And in that case, if you're using it with e-liquid, it would be an e-cigarette battery no matter how "hip" the device makers were...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Okay, then...what, besides "intended use," makes that different than a regular e-cigarette? It's got a battery, a power button, and a 510 connection, yeah? Does it run at a different voltage, or something? Doesn't it just matter what kind of..."consumable"...you top it/fill it with? I mean, couldn't you just as soon use "that" for e-liquid, or use one of "those kinds" of toppers on one of our devices? I just don't see what makes them different, except what you're using it for. And in that case, if you're using it with e-liquid, it would be an e-cigarette battery no matter how "hip" the device makers were...

Huh?
I don't want to deprive you of a google adventure..
but to start, it's 601 threaded.

Other presumptions might need re-examination.

Have fun
I

Reactions: Capt.shay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread