Battery question in regards to mechs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Covert24

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Greensboro, NC
Just a quick question that I thought of a little bit ago. Compared to VV/VW mods, how is the battery life (350,490,650) in mechs? As its just a instant connection to the Atty with a mech at 3.7v, I would figure that the battery will last much much longer than a vv/vw at the same voltage (3.7v). With a mech, there is no circuitry/led/oled/regulators to drive therefore making the battery last longer. But on the other hand, there's voltage drop. How does this compare to using a "E" mod?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I use 18650s (Panasonic 3100mAh) usually. And the 18350s (Trustfire 1200mAh) when I'm typically mobile. With the 18650 I get 2-days (1&1/2 easily), while the 18350 gets me thru a work-day well.
-I've a Sigelei #8 Mechanical

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
Just to give you an idea of the "battery soak" that VV/VW mods 'take away' from a battery, this is from the instructions for the Kick by Evolv:

"7.) Battery life per charge: Many variables contribute to battery life per charge cycle. The Kick incorporates a boost circuit which requires more of your battery. Aggregate button/activation time, power setting, and atty/carto selection all factor into this equation. Battery age and conductive efficiency of the different devices are also variables. Using the Kick will reduce battery life per charge cycle. There is no way to provide use time per charge cycle as there are too many variables. On average, testers experienced reductions ranging from 10 to 20% depending on many different use variables."

I've never seen Provape or any of the other 'big' VV/VW manufacturers admit that battery life is reduced in a mod using any type of boost circuit (present in any mod has any setting over 3.7V with a single 3.7V battery). Buck circuit used in stacked battery mods are a different story, but most VV/VW single-battery mods are going to see a 10-20% battery charge-life reduction.

A huge number of factor weigh in though, and as Dontae said using SLR coils will quickly deplete smaller batteries that may run for quite a while at lower voltage/wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread