Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a Silver Bullet, and with it some UltraFire 18650 XSL 2600mAh Battery - Protected, I saw the sticky on battery dangers....

The battery I listed above is safe right??? Any specific tips on charging or using anyone can give so I don't have any battery failures, the pics I saw in the sticky looked serious, I didn't even think about battery failure when I placed my order and I def. will be taking my atty's off of my device(s) when not in use from now on.

Thanks, SCMike

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
The batteries you purchased are as safe as they can be. Battery meltdowns are not a common occurrence, but they do happen. I've never had a battery meltdown and I'm using the same mod as the one in the thread you read.

Meltdowns are serious business, so I take the following precautions:

Don't store your mod in your purse or pocket if it doesn't have some sort of feature or recessed button to prevent activation. I have the same mod as the one in the thread you read and I never put it in my pocket or the inside of my purse with the button section connected to the battery section if I'm not going to be using it for more than a few minutes.

Don't leave batteries inside your car, especially in the summer months.

Use only chargers that were intended for your type of batteries. Period. I really don't care what anyone else says. Chargers that are intended for 3.7V batteries should only be used to recharge 3.7V batteries.

Don't leave batteries on the charger overnight or while you're not at home. This is probably a little paranoia on my part, but even chargers that are supposed to automatically shut off charging once the battery is full have been known to fail.

Only use the correct batteries for what you're vaping. Overloading batteries is a recipe for disaster.

Try to recharge your batteries BEFORE they're depleted. Not only does this prolong their life, but it takes some of the stress off from recharging.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
thanks, I feel better now, I think quiting analogs has given me a slight case of anxiety...which I may have been freaking out a little bit.

Great help, thanks again, ECF to the rescue.

No worries, Mike. It's better to err on the side of caution, so I understand your anxiety. Happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread