Battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
I have the infinity and was using the batteries that came with it. One of the batteries went dead and I bought some new ones and they didn't seem to operate the infinity. The new ones I got are the ultrafire 14430's. After looking at them for awhile trying to figure out why they didn't work, I noticed that the ultrafires didn't have the + side buttons that stick out enough to contract the - side of the second battery when placed in the tube. I then trimed a little of the covering on one of batteries so it could touch the other one's - side when placed in the tube, the infinity would then work just fine. Should there be any problems with part of the battery covering being trimed off? The other thing I noticed is that the back cap is a little tighter than with the starting batteries, is that anything to worry about?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks, that's things I wanted to know. I only trimmed one battery so I have not lost too much. Where can the spacers be found? Don't think I 'll be getting any, the batteries seem quite tight already in my infinity, but I might need some if I decide to use them in a different device.

The problem with spacers is you said the batteries fit tighter already. Adding spacers is going to make them even longer. Then you risk shoving the PCB up and shorting it out. That would result in a dead PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread