Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Ok, so I've been eyeballing a Vamo because I want something a little beefier than my twists for at-home use. Having said that, I've been doing a LOT of reading about batteries and most of it seems to be speculation and generalization, so I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone can help steer me in the right direction.

So in terms of what canvape carries, Efest and Trustfire, I notice for the 18350 the Efest is 800mah and the TrustFire is 1200mah. The TrustFire is protected and the Efest is IMR. Plus the Efest is more expensive and according to tests measures out at around really 650mah (what I've read anyway). Since the Vamo has protection, does it really matter if its protected, IMR or unprotected?

Also, the tr001 charger says it will automagically stop charging at max voltage for the cells. Is it still necessary to meter the batteries after charging/before charging?

:unsure:

IT_guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
SK, Canada
For 18350 go nipple efest batteries hands down. The trustfires/ultrafire/whatever fires were OK for mechanical mods but not great for Vv or VW. There's a thread around here somewhere where multiple people were having issues with their vamo and an 18350 trustfire/ultra fire.

Canvape also sells the Panasonic 18650 batteries if you're looking for that size.

northofamerica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Saskatoon
In my opinion.... IMR or equivalent all the way!
Chemistry is safer, and they can handle high drain properly from devices like the vamo. If there is one thing you do not want to cheap out on, it's batteries. I think buying protected "*.*fire" batts over imr's is like buying dollar store batteries instead of duracell's. They will work... but not as well as they should.

Efest are really good. I think all the ones I have are flat tops. I have many sizes and have not had one act up yet. I have been using them since August and I can say that I am very happy with them.
I am partial to the panasonic hybrids lately. A bit more expensive but I find I have to charge it up less. 2 days in the vamo if it is not the only device I use.

The odd time I use a single 18350 in the vamo if the panny is charging but I kill them way too quick. 4.2v->3.6v in the time it takes me to charge up the panny. Not enough mAh for my vaping style.

farmer_bric

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Maberly, ON
In my opinion.... IMR or equivalent all the way!
Chemistry is safer, and they can handle high drain properly from devices like the vamo. If there is one thing you do not want to cheap out on, it's batteries. I think buying protected "*.*fire" batts over imr's is like buying dollar store batteries instead of duracell's. They will work... but not as well as they should.

Efest are really good. I think all the ones I have are flat tops. I have many sizes and have not had one act up yet. I have been using them since August and I can say that I am very happy with them.
I am partial to the panasonic hybrids lately. A bit more expensive but I find I have to charge it up less. 2 days in the vamo if it is not the only device I use.

The odd time I use a single 18350 in the vamo if the panny is charging but I kill them way too quick. 4.2v->3.6v in the time it takes me to charge up the panny. Not enough mAh for my vaping style.

Agree. You need IMR for the vamo (or kick) because of the high current draw. Stupid "cheap" me tried to use a trustfire and it just wouldn't work properly. Switched to IMR and instant pleasure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread