Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
By an order of magnitude or more. :facepalm:

Yeah... 10,000 Lumes is pretty Over-the-Top.

But it's kinda like buying a sigelei mod. You don't get the Watts that is Advertised, but if you are OK with the Watts you get, then everything is Good.

LOL

Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah... 10,000 Lumes is pretty Over-the-Top.

But it's kinda like buying a sigelei Mod. You don't get the Watts that is Advertised, but if you are OK with the Watts you get, then everything is Good.
Not to me. I won't buy a "40A" 18650 either. The fact that I'll never pull more that 10A from it (which it can probably deliver) is not the point. I simply do not wish to support/reward people who produce or sell products that are blatantly misrepresented.

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
0K if that is your choice zoiDman. If you like cheap zoomies this SK98 is probably the lowest you can go while still getting something decent (pill has a good shelf and so thermal transfer is adequate, emitter is genuine), but please be warned: the stock tailcap switch is of crap quality and breaks down pretty soon (5-pack replacements here).
We're already close to $10 (using BLF coupon in both cases) and asking to mess with changing parts. :oops:
Rossum, you're lucky if that torch does more than 300 lumens of angry blue light. :lol:

Cheers :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not to me. I won't buy a "40A" 18650 either. The fact that I'll never pull more that 10A from it (which it can probably deliver) is not the point. I simply do not wish to support/reward people who produce or sell products that are blatantly misrepresented.

I think Amp Ratings on Batteries is a whole different story.

Someone on e-Bay wants to get in a Lumen Pissing Contest with other sellers over some Cheap Flashlight, Eah... Doesn't really bother me. So you only get 800 Lumens. If you want a Good Flashlight, buy a something like a Fenix.

But if someone buys a "40A" Battery believing that they can Safely pull 40 Amps in their Mech Mod, well, that has all the Makings for a trip to the ER.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
0K if that is your choice zoiDman. If you like cheap zoomies this SK98 is probably the lowest you can go while still getting something decent (pill has a good shelf and so thermal transfer is adequate, emitter is genuine), but please be warned: the stock tailcap switch is of crap quality and breaks down pretty soon (5-pack replacements here).
We're already close to $10 (using BLF coupon in both cases) and asking to mess with changing parts. :oops:
Rossum, you're lucky if that torch does more than 300 lumens of angry blue light. :lol:

Cheers :)

I actually have a couple of those. And have given a Few as gifts.

If you don't put a Dab of Epoxy in the Clip Screw holes, the screws usual pull out. And you're right, the Tailcap Switch isn't the greatest. But for the Price, I've been happy with them.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If you want a Good Flashlight, buy a something like a Fenix.
I have a couple of these:

JHaSO3g.jpg

Walter_Sobchak

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2017
Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.