Battery Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
I'm a bit confused about how to deal with my batteries (penstyle in case it matters). Are the batteries like cell phone batteries where if you keep charging them they loose their charge quicker and quicker? Why I ask is because it seems mine are. I have been charging them where when the charger turns green I take them out and they only last maybe 2 hours. Should I charge them for a certain amount of time instead of when the light turns green?
Is there any other reason the battery blinks other than the battery needs to be charged or it is auto cleaning? It just seems like my batteries just don't last as long as they used to. I must be doing something wrong.

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
hmmm...I just read Janet's comment on the thread for the puresmoker 4 hole atomizer and she seems to think maybe they are too much for the batteries and that is why they are not lasting as long..what do ya'll think?

I've had these batteries for about 2 - 3 weeks. (I have my originials and also bought 2 more new ones and rotate all 4 of them so not positive on how old they are.)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
That's the number one question, because they do degrade over time.

Number two question is, have you tried leaving them on the charger for longer? 3-4 hours is what the manufacturers recommend. I find I get more performance if I leave it the full time, regardless of the green light.

And number three question is whether you ever got more life than that, and how long it's been poor?

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
I used to only need 2 batteries to vape all day long; now I need 4. I use 2 at work and by the middle of the day they have to be charged,so I switch them out with my other 2. When I get home I charge the first 2 and by the time I go to bed they have charged up and so I put my other two to charge all night long. So yes I charge them sometimes longer than when the green light comes on or 4 hours.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I thought ALL batteries acted like that? I dont think they can keep the same power forever. Batteries die.

with each recharge they lose some run time.. this should take months but e cig batteries are not up to the job the poor little buggers are ask to do (powering a hot wire heater coil) so it takes as little as two weeks..

we expect two weeks then chuck our 901 batteries.. we dont do this for fun.. we chuck en m cos they are worn out..

some with lesser use or swapping several e cigs about might get longer..

trog

Last edited:

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
I have been searching and searching the threads because I know I saw this question/answer somewhere at sometime but I can't find it.

What do you do when your battery stays lite? I dropped it and ever since it stays lite. I have tried sucking/blowing in it...the light goes out for a minute and then comes back on. Anybody know if there is a fix or is it dead? ( I immediately unhooked it from the atomizer.)

Somoney

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2008
USA
e-cig is selling this exact USB option pre assembled. If they didnt rape you in shipping it would be worth it to me.

USB for E-MiniCig
Save your E-MiniCig battery and charger
https://e-cig.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=255

I'm hoping or US distributers start to acrry these soon! PureSmoker or e-smokeytreats carrings

Turn it into a USB:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/2911-video-how-mod-your-dse901b-usb-pc-power.html
If you have the skillz

I totally don't have the skills. I'm only good at running and drinking.

Somoney

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2008
USA
I thought ALL batteries acted like that? I dont think they can keep the same power forever. Batteries die.

I'll speak to my knoledge of Lithiuim battery technology,

Unfortunately your right BigB. Unlike Nickel Metal Hydride or Cadmium batteries, which love to be drained dead, have a moderate tolerence to overheating, and can handle the heat of being over charged, LITHIUM BATTERIES HAVE NO SUCH TOLERANCE!

Cell phones have circuitry that shuts the phone off before that happens. You're given the impression the battery is dead, but in actuallity, the phone knows that if it allows the battery to run dry, it will kill it.

Like cell phone lithium batteries, your ellectronic cigarette battery should be placed on the charger whever possible. No need to worry about overcharging as the circutry in the charger stops charging the battery when the battery reports 4v -/+.7v back to charger.

Try not to short puff like a locamotive when you know your battery is running low. Its an easy way to get a few more drags out of your cigarette, but it also loweres you lithium batteries voltage it cannot recover from.

Its always tempting to find out just how long you can go on a charge, but DONT!

Coldevil

Oct 11, 2008
Lancs,UK
e-cig is selling this exact USB option pre assembled. If they didnt rape you in shipping it would be worth it to me.

USB for E-MiniCig
Save your E-MiniCig battery and charger
https://e-cig.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=255

I'm hoping or US distributers start to acrry these soon! PureSmoker or e-smokeytreats carrings
are these available in the uk?
I spend most of each night at my pc and would be great to extend battery life

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
It would certainly be a great thing to have with a 901 from what I can tell Col. None of this stuff is made in the UK though, it's all imported from China (apart from custom made hardware of course). There are a few manufacturers there chucking these things out for the whole world.

EDIT
It's like the Janty one but without the battery Kimmie. I don't know that it's safe from power surges and ecig.com aren't well known for decent hardware. Be careful if you're thinking of using that one.

Coldevil

Oct 11, 2008
Lancs,UK
It would certainly be a great thing to have with a 901 from what I can tell Col. None of this stuff is made in the UK though, it's all imported from China (apart from custom made hardware of course). There are a few manufacturers there chucking these things out for the whole world.

EDIT
It's like the Janty one but without the battery Kimmie. I don't know that it's safe from power surges and ecig.com aren't well known for decent hardware. Be careful if you're thinking of using that one.
sorry Kate,my bad choice of words,matter of time before they make it here meaning arrive at these shores sorry lol:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread