Battery questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
This is probably the wrong place but here goes. I am currently using an efest 3400mah battery for my svd, charging on a trustfire standard charger. Is there anywhere to go from there in terms of bigger, better batteries etc? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Be extremely careful with that trustfire charger , it's probably not an intelligent charger and can overcharge your batteries leading to a very bad situation as in batteries go boom and set fire to your residence , I would replace it with a nitecore or pila intelligent charger as soon as possible and monitor your batteries carefully for voltage with a multimeter when charging .

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
This is probably the wrong place but here goes. I am currently using an efest 3400mah battery for my svd, charging on a trustfire standard charger. Is there anywhere to go from there in terms of bigger, better batteries etc?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Efest 3400 mah button or flat top?
The 3400mah efest flat top is an non protected 5c rated battery.
The button top is a protected battery which shouldn't be used in a protected APV.

The SVD owners manual states to use IMR batteries which are non protected safer chemistry batteries.
I suspect your need for a better battery is due to using a protected battery in an APV that has built in protection circuitry or non IMR battery.

Red Horn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
High Desert, CA
This is probably the wrong place but here goes. I am currently using an efest 3400mah battery for my svd, charging on a trustfire standard charger. Is there anywhere to go from there in terms of bigger, better batteries etc?

I am new to vapeing, but have a strong fixation with high powered flashlights. Over 3400 mAh is generally more power than I would want to mess around with in a handheld device. Is your cell a "high drain"? That is the type of cell that strong Mod's need to satisfy the current demands. AW IMR cells are a good safe bet. I use his protected cells for most of my lights and trust their quality. When it comes to mAh I value quality over quantity. I avoid anything with fire in it's name. For what it's worth the best charger I know of for Li-Ion's is the Pila IBC. Mine has worked flawlessly for the past four years.

*** Note *** I now see sever replies came in while constructing mine

Last edited:

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
Ill try to answer everyone. It is a button top efest 18650 3400mah li ion rechargeable. High capacity battery. Its not that I need to upgrade. I want to mostly because ive been reading that some are dangerous. I was told the trustfire 3.7 volt charger shuts down charging when the light turns green. I get about 36 hours off a charge

Red Horn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
High Desert, CA

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Im mpstly.concerned safety wise, but I really need a batter I can at lease get 12 hours from

Higher the capacity (mAh), longer it will last. Having said that, it is easier to control with other "stuff".
For starter, higher resistance atomizer head will drain more power. So, use lower resistance atomizer (ex. 1.5 or 1.8ohms)
When you vaping, try to avoid back to back chain vaping. Take a draw and give battery a bit of time to recover. So, better to take longer single draw and take a pause instead of puffing away.
Be sure to keep your contacts clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread