question about itaste svd and 18650 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostismyname

Jan 16, 2014
Ok so i cant post this anywhere but here since i ma new member but i was hoping i could have a few questions answered for me that i have searched and not come up with. So when i first got my svd i got 1 efest 18650 2000mah battery with it and a trustfire charger(grey one with 2 slots) all was happy and well. That was about 4 or so months ago. lately (last 3 weeks) ive been using my svd very regularly as ive found juices i like and also learned how to properly use my svd vw mode (love it) and ive started to notice my svd never shows a green charge anymore for my battery. Is this to be expected because ive had this battery for so long? i used to put that battery on the charger when it would go red on my fire button, and let it charge. Now after its been fully charged everytime i use it my fire button is yellow displaying a medium charge for only a few puffs and then goes red, ive just been using it as it hasnt yet completely died on me and then charging it later at my convenience. It displays usually around 3.6 or 3.5 volts after a full charge, what should it really be after a full charge, and is my battery dieing on me? Or is it my charger?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The 2000 mAh battery in my wife's SVD would still hold a charge that lasted her 2+ days after 5 months. It would take near 12 hours to fully recharge, but it would hold a good charge. Since you were getting a gradual dropoff it sounds like your battery is dying. If it were the charger it would just stop charging the battery entirely.

Replace the battery and I suggest you buy another battery as a backup as well. These things don't last forever, and you'll want to be prepared when something breaks or dies. You do not want to have to go days without anything because you didn't have a backup battery or coil.

Last edited:

Smallville

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2013
Appleton, WI
Ok so i cant post this anywhere but here since i ma new member but i was hoping i could have a few questions answered for me that i have searched and not come up with. So when i first got my svd i got 1 efest 18650 2000mah battery with it and a trustfire charger(grey one with 2 slots) all was happy and well. That was about 4 or so months ago. lately (last 3 weeks) ive been using my svd very regularly as ive found juices i like and also learned how to properly use my svd vw mode (love it) and ive started to notice my svd never shows a green charge anymore for my battery. Is this to be expected because ive had this battery for so long? i used to put that battery on the charger when it would go red on my fire button, and let it charge. Now after its been fully charged everytime i use it my fire button is yellow displaying a medium charge for only a few puffs and then goes red, ive just been using it as it hasnt yet completely died on me and then charging it later at my convenience. It displays usually around 3.6 or 3.5 volts after a full charge, what should it really be after a full charge, and is my battery dieing on me? Or is it my charger?

I currently use an SVD as well, in both 18350 and 18650 mode. If the light is never showing green, I am going to be with battery issue. Pick up another battery and try it out, see if you get a green light. From what you are saying though I don't see an issue with your SVD. Might be time for a new battery or even a new charger though.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
A completely charged battery should read 4.2V. It's one of two things.
1. Your battery is just about shot.
2. Your charger isn't working properly.

I'll also mention, I would charge the battery and check it with a DMM if you have one. I guess the SVD could be giving you a bad voltage reading or have dirty battery contacts.

Cheers,
Steve

ghostismyname

Jan 16, 2014
A completely charged battery should read 4.2V. It's one of two things.
1. Your battery is just about shot.
2. Your charger isn't working properly.

I'll also mention, I would charge the battery and check it with a DMM if you have one. I guess the SVD could be giving you a bad voltage reading or have dirty battery contacts.

Cheers,
Steve

ok thank you i do have a dmm for my other hobby so ill check if its giving a weird reading, i have been using it at 10 watts regularly too. also i did notice my charger started making a whining noise just from being plugged in and not having a batt in it, is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread