Battery safety ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I just pulled the 30Q's out of my mod and checked the positive contacts. There's no denting. I've used two matched pairs of 30Q's for a little over a year at 10W in a couple of mods. Vape time is a key factor in determining battery condition. Internal resistance increases can shorten charge life. When that happens I chuck them and buy new ones.

I'd play it safe and replace a battery with a dented cap. You don't want a meltdown, especially if you carry your mod in a pocket like most of us do.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Cool thank you all for your reply’s I’ve gone ahead and tossed the cell into my e waste bucket. Do you guys have any set amount of time u use a particular cell for before tossing it ? I heard a year or around 3-5 hundred charge cycles. Is there like a rule of thumb or something. Again thnx guyz !

Wrap them end to end in duct tape before tossing them. Even better, drop them off at a disposal vendor like Batteries Plus Bulbs. They will take them and recycle them for you.

I've been vaping on sets of LG HG2, Sony VTC6, and Samsung 25R for well over a year. The HG2's have gotten the brunt of usage. They are still working fine at my 10W vape level. I can vape all day on a single or dual battery mod with either brand.

It's important that you use matched sets to even out the charge/discharge cycle and keep them together in snap top battery boxes, preferably individually marked so that you know which cells belong together. An old cell and a new cell used together results in one battery getting more of the load and that leads to early failure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread