Battery Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietTab

Apr 12, 2018
So I just bought my first vape online a few days ago and it arrived today. I got the smok Alien 220w TC and TFV8 baby beast full kit and also purchased batteries with it off VaporDNA. It have me a choice between Samsung and Hohm Work 18650 batteries. The Samsung batteries (which I see a lot of people recommend) were out of stock at the time I was ordering so I thought I would just buy the Hohm brand instead because I thought they'd be the same size and everything pretty much.
When I got it in the mail today, I found out that the batteries were just a LITTLE bit to big and it was a bit of a struggle to put them in, but I eventually got and the vape worked perfectly fine. After a few puffs to taste the juice I also ordered, I decided to try and take the batteries out and it was a real struggle to open the battery hatch. After I got it out, and started wondering if this is safe. With a little bit of google searching, I found out the Hohm batteries are 65mm long, and the battery chamber is probably 64mm-ish deep (which wasn't labeled on VaporDNA's website, had to go off to another site to find out, which is why I thought they were the same size since they're both 18650's cause I don't know anything about these types of batteries).

==TL;DR==
I bought Hohm Work batteries with my kit, turns out they're just a LITTLE bit to big (1mm bigger than what is supposed to go in the battery chamber) so it's a tight fit in my vape's battery chamber, and was wondering if it's safe to use these batteries till I am able to get better fitting batteries, or is it not safe and I should wait to use my vape till I get the correct fitting batteries.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Can you be more specific about which Samsung and which Hohm battery you are referring to with pictures or what is written on the wrap?
If the Hohm batteries are too big for the mod I don't see it being dangerous, only that you might damage the mod in some way by having to force it shut. It's hard to tell, you will need to make that assessment.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't use those batteries, but I will say I have some mods where the batteries just feel more "snug" than others. I think it may be more a function of the mod than the batteries, they are usually standard in size.

IIRC (I may not be) someone else had a similar issue with snug batteries and wound up using LGs because they were a hair smaller in some dimension or other. I wish I could remember who, but I don't.

If they're a REALLY tight fit and you genuinely believe it's your batteries, then yes, I would probably suggest using a different battery manufacturer more in the worry that you might damage your mod if they are that tight a fit. That should tell you if it's the mod itself, in which case I would have less hesitation about a "tight fit" as it would just mean the mod is designed that way. If the others fit better, then you'd have your answer. Etc.

Best of luck, I hope you get something figured out.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread