Battery specs for my new device Wismec evolv

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilJay

May 25, 2019
Hello guys. Im new here. I had couple vapes already, but this time i wanna make sure ill do everything right with my new baby ;) I just bought Wismec evolv dna250. It has 3 battery slots. Manual says that i have to use high rate 18650 baterry cells (diacharging current should be above 25A). Thats the only info which i found. How about the Voltage and maximum mAh? Just before in my old device i had 3.7v 3000 mAh. What i realized when i check Ebay, they even have the batteries with 8000 mAh. What is the maximum mAh in each battery i can use? How about A? What kind of battery? Li-ion, Li-Po, Lithium?

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Welcome to ECF

First, please do not reference eBay for battery specs. Many batteries are mis labeled, greatly exaggerating their specifications. Below is a link to Mooch’s recommended batteries along with recommended trusted dealers.

You may also want to check out Battery Mooch on YouTube….loads a information on the batteries we use to vape.

Voltage specification will remain the same for these batteries. Max voltage will be 4.2 volts. Nominal voltage will be around 3.7 volts (this can vary). Your device will have a cut off voltage which will safely stop drawing power from the batteries at around 3 to 3.2 volts.

What is critical in matching batteries with your device is the CDR rate (Continuous Discharge Rate). This will be represented in Amps. A simple calculation is to take the CDR rate of a battery and multiply it by 3. This will give you the maximum power you can use with that single cell. So a 20 amp CDR would equal 60 watts per cell. Now given your device uses 3 batteries, you can multiply that by the amount of cells…so 3 20 amp batteries would be good up to 180 watts.

mAh represents power over time. The higher the number the longer your batteries will run for before needing to be charged. Although this is an important figure, it is dependent on the CDR – generally a higher CDR means a lower mAh.

All 3 of your batteries must be the same brand and model and should be purchased together, used together and charged together. We refer to this as married batteries.

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

Battery Mooch

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
What is the reason? Ebay sellers sells bootlegs or what? How about Amazon?

They can not be trusted. There are many fake batteries on the market along with many batteries that are referred to as re-wraps. Both may not be a true representation of what their specifications are - giving the consumer a false sense of security. If a cell is rated at 25 amps, but really is only 15 amps – you could over stress the battery which could result in a failure. Buy from trusted sources.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
From Evolve...

The DNA 250C runs from up to a 4s lithium polymer type battery pack or round lithium ion 18650 type batteries wired in series.

If you look at Mooch’s recommended battery chart, you’ll see that there is only one 30 amp cell, the Samsung 20S which is only 2000 mAh. As stated, when increasing the CDR, the mAh needs to be sacrificed. The Samsung 20S is a great cell, but is it the best choice for you vaping needs? Do you require a 30 amp cell? Keep in mind, your device uses 3 cells, they will share the load. What power setting do you anticipate using? Just because your device is spec for 300 watts, that does not mean you have to use 300 watts therefore you won’t need batteries that are capable of handling 300 watts

There is nothing wrong with using the 20S, but if you are only vaping at 50 to 80 watts per say, you will enjoy longer run time by choosing a 20 amp cell. Just saying.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The DNA official site says: The DNA 250 runs from a 2 or 3 cell lithium polymer battery. So this kind i should use, right? I gonna choose highest mAh as possible for longer vaping without charging. I think that 30A is fine, as they said i supposed to use above 25A by cell. Is everything correct?
Hi and welcome,
Which batteries did you decide upon?
What kind of wattage do you plan to use with the DNA250?

Cheers
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Sony vtc6
lg hg2 18650 20a
Efest 18650 3500mAh 20A IMR
Hi,
Fine choices, the Sony and the LG, you may also like the Samsung 25R.
What wattage are you planning to use?
Will you buy three or six batteries?
Do you have an external charger?
Read up on "married batteries" : label as a set and always charge and use them together.

The EFEST is NOT on the Mooch list. Battery specs for my new device Wismec evolv

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/attachments/d5f17631-8a58-4ca1-85c1-0410f22e71f1-jpeg.806211/

Cheers
I

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Great advice so far.

Here is a link to Mooch's blog which contains just about everything you could possibly want to know about the batteries we use in our vapes.
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

There is a LOT of information there, so here are some cherry picked links that should be immediately relevant to you.
Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum
Look at the entry for regulated devices which also contains a list of trusted battery vendors.

Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Looks a little complicated and there is some maths, please ask here for help if you need it.
In essence you decide what your maximum wattage will be, and then work backwards to find a battery with the appropriate CDR.
Using 20 amp CDR cells with a 3000 mAh rating will give you a good balance of runtime and power.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Sony vtc6
lg hg2 18650 20a
Efest 18650 3500mAh 20A IMR

As it has been mentioned, both the Sony VTC6 and LG HG2 are good batteries, should they be used within their respectable limits, meaning you are not drawing more than what the battery can safely deliver.

The Efest is referred to as a re-wrap where they take a battery of unknown (to the consumer) specifications, and re-wrap them usually with exaggerated specifications. Mooch tested a 20 amp, 3500 mAh Efest and concluded it was only good for a maximum of 10 amps. Testing them at their 20 amp claim, the battery began to heat up to concerning levels. Not good!

It is recommended to stick with the major brands, Sony, Samsung, LG, Molicel and Sanyo/Panasonic and to purchase from trusted sources.

LilJay

May 25, 2019
As it has been mentioned, both the Sony VTC6 and LG HG2 are good batteries, should they be used within their respectable limits, meaning you are not drawing more than what the battery can safely deliver.

The Efest is referred to as a re-wrap where they take a battery of unknown (to the consumer) specifications, and re-wrap them usually with exaggerated specifications. Mooch tested a 20 amp, 3500 mAh Efest and concluded it was only good for a maximum of 10 amps. Testing them at their 20 amp claim, the battery began to heat up to concerning levels. Not good!

It is recommended to stick with the major brands, Sony, Samsung, LG, Molicel and Sanyo/Panasonic and to purchase from trusted sources.
About the trusted vendors... people, as well as this forum recommend https://www.18650batterystore.com/18650-Batteries-s/. Ive got everything what i was asking for, so topic could be closed. Thank you guys. Appreciated for everything.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
About the trusted vendors... people, as well as this forum recommend https://www.18650batterystore.com/18650-Batteries-s/. Ive got everything what i was asking for, so topic could be closed. Thank you guys. Appreciated for everything.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Glad everything worked out.
The thread will be automatically locked and archived if left inactive for a period of time (60-90 days iirc)
If you need it locked or closed ASAP, "Report" your last post and politely request to have an ADMIN lock or close it.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um those aren't THREE different BATTERIRES you are buying and putting in there are you? Don't DO THAT.

Also read the links for a change, instead of ASKING for the thread to be closed, because my pal, you are not DONE.

You use 'married" and that means THREE of the same battery TYPES not three DIFFERENT manufacturers one of them a KNOWN loser. You have not as far as I can see, read what you should have READ unless I am somehow gravely mistaken.

I just really hate to see someone new post a question and then IGNORE everything especially about batteries.

Your three married batteries have to be the exact SAME type of battery, and they need to be used together charged together etc.

You should probably get 6 of the same type and switch them out because a HUGE NO to like, USB charging.

Why am I bothering? Why? Oh well.

Good luck you appear to need it very badly

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread