Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Here is a good place to start, watch the whole series which I think is 13 videos. Mooch will teach you everything you will need to know about batteries for vaping.

When comparing the run time of batteries milliamp hours (mAh) is the best indicator assuming all other variables remain the same.

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Here is a good place to start, watch the whole series which I think is 13 videos. Mooch will teach you everything you will need to know about batteries for vaping.

When comparing the run time of batteries milliamp hours (mAh) is the best indicator assuming all other variables remain the same.

thank you!

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The type of batteries we use for vaping are 3.7 (or 3.6) volts. If I remember correctly, the 3.2 v batteries have a different chemistry and are not currently suitable for vaping.

3.6/3.7 v is the average voltage of the batteries we use. A fully charged vaping battery will be at 4.2 volts, and most mods will say 'battery low' at around 3.2 or 3.3 v.

The key point here is that not all 18650s can be used for vaping. It's best to use one from Mooch's recommended chart:

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

The blue row in the chart lists some reliable vendors. It's good to buy from them because they're much less likely to accidentally sell you a counterfeit battery that will vent when you try to use it. As I see you're in Toronto, I'll also mention that Dashvapes says they get their batteries from one of the recommended suppliers (Illumn.com) in case you want to avoid customs. I've always been satisfied with them.

@sdennislee's video is a great place to start if you're looking to learn more. If you'd rather read, I'd recommend this post by Baditude.

Iotodem

Oct 2, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The type of batteries we use for vaping are 3.7 (or 3.6) volts. If I remember correctly, the 3.2 v batteries have a different chemistry and are not currently suitable for vaping.

3.6/3.7 v is the average voltage of the batteries we use. A fully charged vaping battery will be at 4.2 volts, and most mods will say 'battery low' at around 3.2 or 3.3 v.

The key point here is that not all 18650s can be used for vaping. It's best to use one from Mooch's recommended chart:

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

The blue row in the chart lists some reliable vendors. It's good to buy from them because they're much less likely to accidentally sell you a counterfeit battery that will vent when you try to use it. As I see you're in Toronto, I'll also mention that Dashvapes says they get their batteries from one of the recommended suppliers (Illumn.com) in case you want to avoid customs. I've always been satisfied with them.
awesome, its always nice to have reliable information and reliable sources
@sdennislee's video is a great place to start if you're looking to learn more. If you'd rather read, I'd recommend this post by Baditude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread