Battery wont turn off :( please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
I had my PV happily sitting on the desk, then suddenly out of no where, it’s started flashing it’s self on without me doing anything and now I can’t turn it off because the button does nothing when I press it.

I tried cleaning it with some tissues to see if any leaks had happened but that didn’t do anything.

It’s an X6 battery

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I am not familiar with the X6 but if this is the sort of battery kinda like an Ego where the battery itself is not removable. Take it outside and put it on something that can't catch fire. If that is not an option put it an a pyrex dish on the floor away from anything flammable.

Then just let it do its thing. It will either run down the battery and stop firing or there could be a problem. When it is done recycle it and get a new one.

A battery having this sort of problem you do not want to use again.

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
So just to update:

I went to the shop, explained the situation and the gentleman was very nice about it and he gave me a replacement X6 battery and swapped it and didn’t charge me for it which I thought was really kind.

I have my suspicions that the reason the battery broke was because of leakage, so I’ve got a new personal rule of keeping the tank and battery separate when not in use, that is of course unless it’s my room when it stays in the vape tray and not bouncing around in my coat pocket where it’s more prone to leaks.

Anyway glad to say problem has been solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread