The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Battlestar performance issue.

Discussion in 'Smoant' started by helmet648, Jan 22, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. helmet648

helmet648 Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    i purchased a Battlestar around august of last year from elementvape it arrived and i fell in love with it. it fit in my hand nice, the screen was easy enough to read and manipulate, and it performed very well, and consistent. I accidentally lost that mod on my public bus system.

ordered a replacement, this time from Fasttech december 18th, got here jan 18th ...i mention where i got them from but i think the time, rather than the place is more important.
    anyways, the one from fasttech looks great, like you'd expect it to. but its not performing like it should. this thing is jumping up to a high wattage in steps, very fast. i say in steps because when i dry-fire, i can see it stepping up in the glow, instead of a smooth gradient, it jumps brightnesses. it seems like its stuck in some sort of temp control mode. where its pre-firing at a very high wattage. even if the pre-fire wattage in TC is set to 1w.

just thought i'd post it here, since this seems to only be a problem with some of the newer versions of the mod (this one is version 014, i'm sure the one from element vape was older.)

here's a gif of me doing 2 button presses in a dark room. you can see the second pulse takes it waaay higher than the first button press ever did.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Iirc this is a known issue. The company made a bad batch of battle stars and it’s causing endless problems. I don’t know how to return things to fasttech or if it’s even worth the trouble :/

• Like Like x 1
  3. helmet648

helmet648 Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    they've always gotta ruin it with a bad batch... why'd i have to lose my first one.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    I Just bought a Battlestar today, hopefully i dont have this issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. helmet648

helmet648 Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    if its version 014 it most likely is. you can find the version by hitting up and down adjustments back and fourth untill it shows on the screen .i forget if its down up down up, or up down up down.

hope you got 013 or 015. i picked up a second hand version 011 for the wife.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    I still have to go pick it up, ill check at the shop. I just read on another forum that someone didnt have this issue on 014 so it might not be version linked?

• Like Like x 1
  7. helmet648

helmet648 Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    it'll act like my gif if its bad! thats all i know :) heh

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Ill have a look anyway, ill ask him to pulse it if he can to make sure

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Success, snagged a 015

• Like Like x 1
  10. helmet648

helmet648 Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  11. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    God this mod is nice to hold

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vinnybagodoughnuts

Vinnybagodoughnuts Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2015
    Wow that looks like a dangerous situation. I know its been a while but did you try to contact Smoant? I am sure if you sent them that video they would help.
    Customer service-wecare@smoant.com

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. helmet648

helmet648 Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    i dealt with Fasttech they agreed to replace it. let me get a Teslacigs WYE 200w instead. similar shape, great performance. only downside is its very, very light. and that's just a downside for me, i like a weighty vape.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    I was looking at that mod for a while too

• Like Like x 1
  15. score69

score69 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    NICE. I've got the rainbow as well. Very striking in person. Can't remember if mine is a 13 or 15, but I checked to make sure it wasn't a 14 as soon as I received it, lol.

Congrats

• Like Like x 1
  16. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks, it's not the newest but aesthetics and build wise it's a solid buy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    Do you guys find this thing chugs the batteries?

• Like Like x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't have one. I have heard that the board doesn't convert power super efficiently from the batteries, though. I forget where, but I've head it, I think. I could be wrong. IDK how you are setting your display screen up or what mode you are using it in, either. I do find that using TC can decrease battery life in some mods, of course the mod is doing more. Depending on your display and length of time it shuts off and what it is doing that may be a way to increase battery life. Etc.

I have a couple "clock" mods, and one (a Vapresso mod) as well as the Cylon both have clocks. Which I thoroughly like, but my Vapresso mod probably gets worse battery life in comparison to the Cylon. Some boards are just more efficient, period.

Hopefully it's not a deal changer for you, depending on just what kind of battery life you are getting. Best of luck and I'm sure someone with the mod is going to come along with better, more specific suggestions and etc.

Anna

19. helmet648

helmet648 Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    and here i bought it because i heard it had a 95% efficiency rating, only 2% off from a DNA board.

the cutoff for "check battery" is like 3.6v on the battlestar, in an attempt to extend your batteries overall life i assume. so yeah while it does seem like they're draining them fast

• Like Like x 1
  20. bwh79

bwh79 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon