The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Battlestar performance issue.

Discussion in 'Smoant' started by helmet648, Jan 22, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    I dont use TC on this mod and the display timeout is instant.

im running a dual 1.42 build with 30q 18650 3700mah batteries

• Like Like x 1
  2. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    With brand new batteries with a CDR of 15-20 (i.e., the 30Q), you should get about 100 Watts out of the device at 3.4v. If it is cutting off sooner (3.5v, 3.6v, etc) then the batteries are probably worn from use.

To roughly calculate your amp draw on a two-battery VW device, Wattage / # of batteries / 3

If that number falls between 15 and 20, you are getting close to a high battery wear situation and you should charge them.

Any battery loses discharge capacity with regular use. Regularly discharging them to 3.2v or below causes a lot of wear.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ShadyJ

ShadyJ Full Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Sydney, Australia
    I just bought these batteries this week

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. sorry to hear that bro,is it possible to fix it by firmware upgrade?
    I have my battlestar for like 1 month ago its my 1st mod,so far so good
    Thanks for the info how to check version,im gonna check my version later hope it not the bad version

edit : I got ver 015 hope it all good

• Like Like x 1