BBB (Big Baby Beast) update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
I bought this tank a couple weeks ago and just got around to filling it.
Previously, I was using the same liquid (Maniac) in the Captain S tank.

I really like the BBB better (with the Q2 0.4 ohm coil)!

I saw a couple reviewers say that Smok's coils can taste a bit "cottony" at first, and yeah - this kinda does, but it goes away with every puff.

Honestly, there are so many coil options with this it's a little daunting, so I just went with the one that had the best reviews and was the same resistance as the other coils I am used to. It does come with an RBA... I'm SO not ready for that, I don't think. I would need a class to learn how to do it, haha

Now to just keep those ziplock bags on the smoke alarm, LOL

(FYI - the Baby Beast coils DO fit on this, cuz that's what I got. It did not come with the Q2 0.4 coils. I DID need a wrench to get the pre-installed coil out though :shock: )

FYI #2 - I'm using it with the Nebula mod - about 54W - airflow about halfway open. The flavor keeps getting better... :)

Reactions: stols001

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I bought this tank a couple weeks ago and just got around to filling it.
Previously, I was using the same liquid (Maniac) in the Captain S tank.

I really like the BBB better (with the Q2 0.4 ohm coil)!

I saw a couple reviewers say that Smok's coils can taste a bit "cottony" at first, and yeah - this kinda does, but it goes away with every puff.

Honestly, there are so many coil options with this it's a little daunting, so I just went with the one that had the best reviews and was the same resistance as the other coils I am used to. It does come with an RBA... I'm SO not ready for that, I don't think. I would need a class to learn how to do it, haha

Now to just keep those ziplock bags on the smoke alarm, LOL

(FYI - the Baby Beast coils DO fit on this, cuz that's what I got. It did not come with the Q2 0.4 coils. I DID need a wrench to get the pre-installed coil out though :shock: )

FYI #2 - I'm using it with the Nebula mod - about 54W - airflow about halfway open. The flavor keeps getting better... :)
The BBB and BB coils are cross compatible.
Just not the X-Baby, that tank is topfil and has a gasket on top of the coil.
Don't let the RBA section intimidate you, 1 or 2 builds and you will get it, getting the wicking correct is challenge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Don't let the RBA section intimidate you, 1 or 2 builds and you will get it, getting the wicking correct is challenge.

Correct. There was some debate about it a couple weeks ago, but tis true.

I would think the wicking is what the challenge is. Afraid of screwing that up [emoji39]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Correct. There was some debate about it a couple weeks ago, but tis true.

I would think the wicking is what the challenge is. Afraid of screwing that up [emoji39]

Cotton is cheap, don't worry about messing that up.[emoji6]

• Agree

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Haha - no, it's the liquid I'm afraid of wasting, LOL. I hate wasting liquid

I have a 30ml bottle with the top cut off that I use to pour my liquid from the tank into if I need to rewick.[emoji106]

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Just experiment with wicking, Tonee N's solution sounds like a good one. I hate wasting juice as it pours out of the bottom of a tank I haven't wicked properly and get catastrophic leakage. I really, really hate that.

If you find cotton troublesome (you may not, honestly) well, rayon solved ALL my wicking problems. .I mean ALL. I haven't had a leak since I started using it, although I also learned a lot of "general principles" about wicking, my wick's properties (there is a huge rayon thread should you choose to go this route). It lasts longer, withstands high heat better, and I don't have to rewick as often, which sounds like what is worrying you. It sounds like it could be a good choice for you for that reason..... Less rewicking. Some folks don't like how it handles, or the taste (I find the flavor to be good) but there are many happy, satisfied rayon users on the forum, and I am one of them. Rewicking less often is something I like a great deal, but I just couldn't seem to make cotton work for me without leaking, seepage, etc. I also like to watch reviews of my new RTAs to see how others are wicking them and etc., that might be helpful for you, as well as asking specific questions on this thread.

Best of luck, I hope you meet with success.... :)

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Being a bit older and more forgetful, it wasn't unusual to need/want to change a coil in the Baby/Big Baby tank shortly after filling. I made use of a syringe to suck out most of the juice before disassembling, using that to wet the new coil, then squirting what's left back into the assembled tank.

LyLyV

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2018
Earth (most days)
Being a bit older and more forgetful, it wasn't unusual to need/want to change a coil in the Baby/Big Baby tank shortly after filling. I made use of a syringe to suck out most of the juice before disassembling, using that to wet the new coil, then squirting what's left back into the assembled tank.
I need to get a syringe thingy...

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017

Too much wick in these and it gets no juice, too little and it leaks like a funnel. I gave up and just use drop ins. I normally dont let mechanical things beat me, but with so many other options, e.g. rta's and rdta's i decided the rba head on the tfv8 was poorly designed and not really worth the trouble. Maybe in the future ill get it back out of the drawer and make it work just to prove a point to myself.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Too much wick in these and it gets no juice, too little and it leaks like a funnel. I gave up and just use drop ins. I normally dont let mechanical things beat me, but with so many other options, e.g. rta's and rdta's i decided the rba head on the tfv8 was poorly designed and not really worth the trouble. Maybe in the future ill get it back out of the drawer and make it work just to prove a point to myself.
Yep, once you get the wicking right it's something you never forget.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread