Bcc they all leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iquitcigs

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2013
Kent uk
Hello I am writing to ask has anybody ever managed to vape a protank evod or any other bcc all the way to the end of the tank.i asked because I have tried everything I think nano coils with cotton micro coils with cotton vertical micro coils with cotton as well as using the silica ego wool method of wicking but every time the tank gets to the join on the base it floods and juice gets into the vapour chamber.i have spent quite a lot of money on vaping in the last few weeks and prefer it to smoking but this with the flooding is PITA.Should I just move to dripping or a good rba that will not flood or carry on with my protank s and keep chucking juice down drain every time I want a change of flavour I know it's only a small amount wasted but I hate doing it they work fine all the way to the join but then flood

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The only ones from your list I have are the eVods. I don't re-coil any of mine and I've not experienced a leaking problem at all. I try to catch them before they are dry to avoid the burnt taste but I do vape 'til almost empty. Most of my flavors are mixed at 50/50 if that helps at all.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I vape my evods to dry rather often (usually when I want to clean or switch flavors) and I have never had a leak or flood other than from a toasted coil. I do not build my own, I use the kanger replacements - 5 for 5 bucks 1.8 Ohm. But I have at least 15 or more evods/protanks between myself and other half and never a leak.

III BIRDMAN III

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
United States
Juice mixtures could also cause leaks.. High PG levels are known to be a lot thinner than higher VG.

I am on your side though... Hate BCC good vape but they are leaky .......s.
Can I suggest if you can invest in a Kayfun since your already rebuilding anyways.

Love my Kayfun Never ever ever ever leaks and vape is by far the best grab n go I have found.

Iquitcigs

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2013
Kent uk
Its not that i have anything against the bcc design it gives a great vape but i want to vape it almost dry i would tip the juice back in the bottle but dark juices get darker as they warm up so it looks rather bad nearing the end.I will add i vape rather a lot so my juice maybe thinning down as i go due to the heat perhaps its just one of those days where it all goes wrong!
I like the idea of a kayfun but the price puts me off this close to christmas two small children here waiting for father christmas (santa) they would not be impressed with a kayfun lol.
just broke out a new i clear 16 for tomorrow at work hope its reliable as i can't stop work to sort out my vape gear they already think i am nuts joking aside the pro tank works well when full with a 1.6omh vertical nano coil

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
The only ones from your list I have are the eVods. I don't re-coil any of mine and I've not experienced a leaking problem at all. I try to catch them before they are dry to avoid the burnt taste but I do vape 'til almost empty. Most of my flavors are mixed at 50/50 if that helps at all.

This is also the case for me as well.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I have and Vape dry - Protank, Protank2, Protank2-mini, (2) Protank2/mini clones, Evods and T3 Mini's. I use all of these wuite frequently with little to no issues.
I Vape 50/50 blends of all my flavors
Avg. 7 watts power on several different devices.
All these are unaltered with exception of 2-3 standard coil rebuilds on the T3-mini's(age related)

Sorry, but I have no idea what Op is doing wrong, or what I may be doing right.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Protank, t3 and t3s.

No leaking and I vape them till they are dry.

Setup is microcoil with cotton as wicks and ekowool as flavor wicks. Took a bit of trial and error. Using cotton as flavor wicks caused leaking issues for me.

Take some time to try different flavor wicks and size of the flavor wicks. I believe most leaks can be solved by using the right size/type for your vaping style/device.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
T3 is the only BCC i ever had leak on me,and that was when the juice level got down to 1\4

if you are rebuilding your heads ,you may niot be using enough wick in there to stop the over flow of juice ?

i either use the stock protank heads or rebuild them with a 2mm eko,nothing else

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread