BCF flavors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
Has anyone had any bad luck with their flavorings?

Got some flavors from them about a month ago, mixed up a couple recipes that had roughly a week steep time but they all came out to be trash after 2 weeks. Some of the recipes were from reputable diy’ers so I’m kinda confused lol. Was thinking maybe it’s the flavorings idk. Even tried some single flavor recipes like harvest berry and 27 fishes but still trash. The blue raspberry cotton candy from cap used to be my fav adv but it’s a straight floral smell, can’t even use it.

Just curious if anyone has received bad stuff from them. I only hear good things about them which is why I ordered from them.

Reactions: Superuser187

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
no and it's been a month since I've purchased from BCF so I bought about the same time-frame you made your purchase, I'm having no issues.

One time about a year or so ago I purchased some FA or FLV flavoring which seemed a bit dark and super super concentrated, but that didn't hurt anything and didn't taste off.

Are these recipes from "reputable" DIY'ers people you know you have common tastes with?

One of the most difficult things I have found with DIY is that peoples taste buds are definitely not all alike. There's a lot of people out there thinking total #*$ is good.. lol.

What you have to do, is find a couple mixers whose taste buds are similar to yours, at least until your experienced yourself. I don't stray far from a handful of mixers for good reason, wasted a lot of perfectly good money trusting people.

also, over time your tastes will change. I was vaping last week and every single one of my mixes with added sweetener just seemed too sweet and out of balance, and it's probably just that my taste buds are changing some. It happens.

Try with your new BCF flavorings adjusting percentages lower in an sft, and see with an adjusted percentage if that helps. (if you normally like the flavor at 2%, try 1% etc) But playing with percentage in small SFT's (single flavor tests) is the only way you'll know for sure.

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
no and it's been a month since I've purchased from BCF so I bought about the same time-frame you made your purchase, I'm having no issues.

One time about a year or so ago I purchased some FA or FLV flavoring which seemed a bit dark and super super concentrated, but that didn't hurt anything and didn't taste off.

Are these recipes from "reputable" DIY'ers people you know you have common tastes with?

One of the most difficult things I have found with DIY is that peoples taste buds are definitely not all alike. There's a lot of people out there thinking total #*$ is good.. lol.

What you have to do, is find a couple mixers whose taste buds are similar to yours, at least until your experienced yourself. I don't stray far from a handful of mixers got good reason, wasted a lot of perfectly good money trying.

also, over time your tastes will change. I was vaping last week and every single one of my mixes with added sweetener just seemed too sweet and out of balance, and it's probably just that my taste buds are changing some. It happens.

Try with your BCF flavorings adjusting percentages in an sft, and see with an adjusted percentage if that helps.
Thanks man, makes sense. Appreciate the advice!!

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I personally never went into complex recipies but maybe I am simple man lol :p

I started mixing one flavour that i like and after a while I started combine and make my own recipies ...even after one year I still vape only My "recipies" that are made by 2 or max 3 flavours combined and some flavours I still vape them solo...
Only thing I vape that is pemade recipe flavouring is ry44 by TFA...

now all my recipes or single flavour mixes never exceed 5% combined..

I realised that when I learned building my atomizers properly that the performance is good and no need much flavouring to get good results...

Most times flavours for me need steeping at least 10-15 days to be good to vape....and some flavours I used to hate but until the tank was empty I loved them :D

Takes lot of time to find recipies u like and also the percentages of flavouring cause there is also steeping that has to be done and that can be frustrating at first but wth u gonna find something u like hahahaha :p don't be soooooo picky u used to smoke and taste burned paper BROOOO

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

Got some flavors from them about a month ago, mixed up a couple recipes that had roughly a week steep time but they all came out to be trash after 2 weeks. Some of the recipes were from reputable diy’ers so I’m kinda confused lol. Was thinking maybe it’s the flavorings idk. Even tried some single flavor recipes like harvest berry and 27 fishes but still trash. The blue raspberry cotton candy from cap used to be my fav adv but it’s a straight floral smell, can’t even use it.

Just curious if anyone has received bad stuff from them. I only hear good things about them which is why I ordered from them.
What Opinionated said and also pay attention to the original posted date of the recipe you are going to mix. If the date is older and % higher the mix was probably designed for a mtl setup.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The recipes you are tying might have been OK for the creator, but if you are vaping at a higher wattage than the creator, then you are introducing more heat. Heat increases the flavor intensity and after a certain threshold it will degrade/ruin the flavor and taste like something completely different.

Lot's of older recipes have high flavor percentages because back in the day people were using really low-powered setups. And vapers were vaping on equipment with a lot of voltage drop so even if they thought they were vaping at 10W, in reality they were vaping at more like 7W or 8W (ego batteries, for instance, have massive voltage drop whether they are variable voltage or not). So if you're using recipes from, say, 2014 or earlier, the flavor percentages may be too high for the wattage you vape at. Or, if it's a new recipe, it could be that the person who created it is a low wattage vaper, which is still the same problem.

IMHO, people who post recipes they create/like should also post what wattage they vape it at. Wattage/heat is an important part of the recipe. While knowing the wattage the creator uses with the recipe might not get you exactly where you need to be, it can be useful.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I have done the same mistake at first hahaha

your not alone... :) and mistakes like that don't bother me much.. now when it becomes repetitive by the same person (over and over and over) it can begin to be annoying since I do have my gender public, but a simple mistake is just that.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest

I've never received a bad flavor from BCF.

FWIW, I order from them fairly often. Just received an order yesterday.

I am very curious...

What are each of the flavors you used that you suspect might be bad?

What percents did you use each of those flavors at?

What recipes from which reputable DIY'ers?

What is your base (50/50, 70vg/30pg, or ??? )?

If using nicotine, where did you get it from?
    Is it new?
    If not, how old is it?

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Not sure why men assume they are speaking to other men.
    Just an FYI Mate...

I've never made that assumption. Here or on other forums. :D

My pops taught me that old thing about 'assume' (assuming makes an azz u me) at a young age. ;)

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
    I've never received a bad flavor from BCF.

FWIW, I order from them fairly often. Just received an order yesterday.

I am very curious...

What are each of the flavors you used that you suspect might be bad?

What percents did you use each of those flavors at?

What recipes from which reputable DIY'ers?

What is your base (50/50, 70vg/30pg, or ??? )?

If using nicotine, where did you get it from?
    Is it new?
    If not, how old is it?
    One of the recipes was the Swedish fish by diyordie. Fresh 100mg nic in vg base from nicotinegiant and I usually make them at 70/30. Usually vape around 65watts.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    One of the recipes was the Swedish fish by diyordie. Fresh 100mg nic in vg base from nicotinegiant and I usually make them at 70/30. Usually vape around 65watts.
    Rda ot tanks? Go to builds or stock coils? These all factor in your flavor percentage. I'm blessed in that I'm boring and generally use the same build and af in most of my rta/rdas. Point is it makes dialing in my flavor percentages easier.

Reactions: Roneraven

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
    Rda ot tanks? Go to builds or stock coils? These all factor in your flavor percentage. I'm blessed in that I'm boring and generally use the same build and af in most of my rta/rdas. Point is it makes dialing in my flavor percentages easier.
    Lol hey vape what you love, that’s not boring:) Using the free max maxluke tank with .2ohm dual mesh coils

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Lol hey vape what you love, that’s not boring:) Using the free max maxluke tank with .2ohm dual mesh coils
    Definitely want to keep your % down with those coils then. Don't stress finding your taste changes for some concentrates. The longer you diy you'll find every few months for awhile a goto mix is a bit too sweet or flavor heavy. Just next mix session lower the offender. Easy test is pull off a couple ml and add a ml of vg to dilute with. If it's too weak you only need to lower % a tad, if good lower % enough to match the dilution. Most calculators have " lower flavor %" function.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread