BCF flavors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
Definitely want to keep your % down with those coils then. Don't stress finding your taste changes for some concentrates. The longer you diy you'll find every few months for awhile a goto mix is a bit too sweet or flavor heavy. Just next mix session lower the offender. Easy test is pull off a couple ml and add a ml of vg to dilute with. If it's too weak you only need to lower % a tad, if good lower % enough to match the dilution. Most calculators have " lower flavor %" function.
Ive been diy’ing for years off and on but like you usually kept to what I loved lol as far as recipes go. Appreciate the advice! Got a clone that seemed heavy on the raspberry, had like a powdery taste to it so that prob needs lowered lol

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
One of the recipes was the Swedish fish by diyordie. Fresh 100mg nic in vg base from nicotinegiant and I usually make them at 70/30. Usually vape around 65watts.

do you even like that in real life? I ask because it's a licorice, which to me is disgusting irl and wouldn't touch it in a vape...

he's using Cap 27 fish @ 7%, to me that's fairly high so what you want to do is create a couple single flavor tests of that, one with the 27 fish @ 3%, another @ 5% and see if that's better than 7% for you...(you could even go as low aa 1-2% and still enjoy it)

it just simply may be way to strong for your taste buds even if you do like that stuff in real life.

Also, for you, licorice may be something that just doesn't translate well into a vape, there are a couple flavors that I don't think translate well at all but many people enjoy vaping them, we do all have different taste buds.

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
Could try a different raspberry or add something like cap jelly candy or wf gummy candy to the raspberry you have to smooth it out a bit. Can't help with Swedish fish, can't stand the candy so never tried it.
Yeah I’ll have to mess with that one some. Got a few flavors coming in today so that will be on the back burner haha

do you even like that in real life? I ask because it's a licorice, which to me is disgusting irl and wouldn't touch it in a vape...

he's using Cap 27 fish @ 7%, to me that's fairly high so what you want to do is create a couple single flavor tests of that, one with the 27 fish @ 3%, another @ 5% and see if that's better than 7% for you...(you could even go as low aa 1-2% and still enjoy it)

it just simply may be way to strong for your taste buds even if you do like that stuff in real life.

Also, for you, licorice may be something that just doesn't translate well into a vape, there are a couple flavors that I don't think translate well at all but many people enjoy vaping them, we do all have different taste buds.
I do like those actually lol but not all the time. Thanx for the tips on that one!!:)

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I like to do a SFT (single flavor test) of each new flavor I get (and try to find the % to use "solo") It's really too much work but at least I get to know each flavor that way. I just mix small 10 ml batches for that. Sometimes, after doing the tests, I use what's left and and make test combinations. You don't need to do that unless there is some flavor in a recipe that is suspect and you want to know why. A single coil RDA (a simple atty you build yourself... put in a coil and wick) is great for testing (if you are interested, I will explain more about that) I agree about trying lower % (sometimes less is more) You can always add more if needed. Actually, you can dilute what you made now... just make some unflavored "base". It's not BCF... they are great! If you are interested, I have a thread that lists some flavors that seem popular from my research (I explain all this in the thread):
Well-reviewed Flavor Concentrates

Reactions: Roneraven

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
I like to do a SFT (single flavor test) of each new flavor I get (and try to find the % to use "solo") It's really too much work but at least I get to know each flavor that way. I just mix small 10 ml batches for that. Sometimes, after doing the tests, I use what's left and and make test combinations. You don't need to do that unless there is some flavor in a recipe that is suspect and you want to know why. A single coil RDA (a simple atty you build yourself... put in a coil and wick) is great for testing (if you are interested, I will explain more about that) I agree about trying lower % (sometimes less is more) You can always add more if needed. Actually, you can dilute what you made now... just make some unflavored "base". It's not BCF... they are great! If you are interested, I have a thread that lists some flavors that seem popular from my research (I explain all this in the thread):
Well-reviewed Flavor Concentrates
I’ll check your thread out thanks for the heads up:)
Yeah I go on recommended percentages for single flavors then adjust by that lol. Still getting used to the tanks haha. My 2nd BCF order seemed fine but still bummed about my 2oz of blue raspberry cotton candy, it’s just trash, ordered a 30ml from ecigexpress and it was spot on like I remembered(also it was in the original sealed bottle, BCF wasn’t).

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
My 2nd BCF order seemed fine but still bummed about my 2oz of blue raspberry cotton candy, it’s just trash, ordered a 30ml from ecigexpress and it was spot on like I remembered(also it was in the original sealed bottle, BCF wasn’t).
Are you saying it's the same flavor/brand? I had that happen once (but not from BCF) It was Heartland and they "re-bottled" some FA Pomegranate... funny thing is I also got FA Kiwi from them and it was fine. Both 30 ml and both "re-bottled" All other flavors from them were fine. I have never had issues with BCF (I already mentioned that) and have made many orders.
About percentages... solo (single flavor) is one thing (and good for testing) but in recipes always reduce the %... how much? Well... that kind of a thing you just have to learn (and depends on what flavors and the recipe) Hey, please describe (in detail if possible) what was wrong with the blue rasp CC. In my case (with the pom) it had no fruit, no tart... just floral and very weak.

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
@vaper1960 1 particular flavor I was bummed about, 2oz of cap blue ras cotton candy. It came rebottled and is not vape’able. Straight floral smell and taste. Ordered a 30ml of the same flavor from ecigexpress and it was in the original sealed bottle, smelled and tasted how it should have.
Just had me curious about my other flavors from them which is why I made the post because all I have seen is good reviews:)

Edit: First thing I did when I got the flavor was crack it open and smelled it because it’s been awhile and it smelled floral, then I tried to mix some I think about 13-15% with a couple percent of ripe strawberry tfa which is an amazing snv haha, that turned into garbage. After about 3 weeks to a month its still a flowery vape. So the flavor is just sitting there, maybe after a couple months to a year it might be better haha. BCF said as far as the ingredients nothing has changed so it should be the same but it’s not. Oh well

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It came rebottled and is not vape’able. Straight floral smell and taste.
That is exactly what happened to me with the FA Pom (like it didn't get properly mixed or somehow separated before re-bottling. All I got was floral. I have never had that happen before (have ordered many times from at least 3-4 vendors) I don't have like hundreds of flavors, but this has only happened once so maybe once in a while you get one that wasn't right. I happens. This does bring up a good question: how do you know (when ordering flavors) if they are "re-bottled" or not?

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
That is exactly what happened to me with the FA Pom (like it didn't get properly mixed or somehow separated before re-bottling. All I got was floral. I have never had that happen before (have ordered many times from at least 3-4 vendors) I don't have like hundreds of flavors, but this has only happened once so maybe once in a while you get one that wasn't right. I happens. This does bring up a good question: how do you know (when ordering flavors) if they are "re-bottled" or not?
I have seen on 1 or 2 sites where it says original bottle so I’ll have to keep a better on that:)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I really wouldn't worry about this... so many people (on this thread) ordering so many flavors and very few issues at all (besides flavors that just are not that good) BUT I am very curious about the coincidence of us both getting a "floral only" flavor concentrates. I will say (for the third time) BCF is the best.

Roneraven

May 30, 2021
I really wouldn't worry about this... so many people (on this thread) ordering so many flavors and very few issues at all (besides flavors that just are not that good) BUT I am very curious about the coincidence of us both getting a "floral only" flavor concentrates. I will say (for the third time) BCF is the best.
Yeah I’m not going to stop ordering from them except maybe that 1 flavor haha. But I’m definitely going to keep an eye out for the original bottles!;) I agree though, kind of weird. Mine was probably about 2months ago give or take a couple weeks.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Has anyone had any bad luck with their flavorings?

Got some flavors from them about a month ago, mixed up a couple recipes that had roughly a week steep time but they all came out to be trash after 2 weeks. Some of the recipes were from reputable diy’ers so I’m kinda confused lol. Was thinking maybe it’s the flavorings idk. Even tried some single flavor recipes like harvest berry and 27 fishes but still trash. The blue raspberry cotton candy from cap used to be my fav adv but it’s a straight floral smell, can’t even use it.

Just curious if anyone has received bad stuff from them. I only hear good things about them which is why I ordered from them.

Never had a problem with bull city and they have been around forever. There good with customer service so If you think you got some bad flavors try contacting them they have very good customer service.

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
One of the recipes was the Swedish fish by diyordie. Fresh 100mg nic in vg base from nicotinegiant and I usually make them at 70/30. Usually vape around 65watts.

Just FYI, for us old timers "70/30" would mean 70% PG and 30% VG. These days, I'm guessing you meant the opposite but it never hurts to be specific.

As for BCF, I've never had any issues with them or their flavors. My only gripe is they seem to have stopped carrying Hangsen flavor concentrates (or Hangsen has stopped selling them). I tried a half dozen of the Hangsen tobacco flavors and while most of them were uninteresting I did develop a taste for their RY1. I'll miss that one if I can't find another source.

• Agree
Reactions: newyork13

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
First thing I did when I got the flavor was crack it open and smelled it because it’s been awhile and it smelled floral, then I tried to mix some I think about 13-15% with a couple percent of ripe strawberry tfa which is an amazing snv haha, that turned into garbage.

13-15% seems like it could be way too much of the Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy. An ECF friend used to make a couple recipes that contained it, and IIRC he used it at no more than 5-6%. I don't like Blue Raspberry anything though, so I never tasted it.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Just FYI, for us old timers "70/30" would mean 70% PG and 30% VG. These days, I'm guessing you meant the opposite but it never hurts to be specific.

As for BCF, I've never had any issues with them or their flavors. My only gripe is they seem to have stopped carrying Hangsen flavor concentrates (or Hangsen has stopped selling them). I tried a half dozen of the Hangsen tobacco flavors and while most of them were uninteresting I did develop a taste for their RY1. I'll miss that one if I can't find another source.
I used to get my HS RY1 from RTS then when they became Nicotine Giant until they stopped carrying it.
Last time I bought a 120ml from The Steamery in AU. It cost just over $40 inc shipping.
I tried The Steamery again this year and they denied shipping to Mass YMMV

• Useful
Reactions: tokarev

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
@vaper1960 1 particular flavor I was bummed about, 2oz of cap blue ras cotton candy. It came rebottled and is not vape’able. Straight floral smell and taste. Ordered a 30ml of the same flavor from ecigexpress and it was in the original sealed bottle, smelled and tasted how it should have.
Just had me curious about my other flavors from them which is why I made the post because all I have seen is good reviews:)

Edit: First thing I did when I got the flavor was crack it open and smelled it because it’s been awhile and it smelled floral, then I tried to mix some I think about 13-15% with a couple percent of ripe strawberry tfa which is an amazing snv haha, that turned into garbage. After about 3 weeks to a month its still a flowery vape. So the flavor is just sitting there, maybe after a couple months to a year it might be better haha. BCF said as far as the ingredients nothing has changed so it should be the same but it’s not. Oh well
Median recommended single flavor at ELR is 10% (probably use it less than that)

JMWPremium usually has good notes, they wrote:

"Sweet Blue Raspberry followed by a slightly burnt sugar, it almost has the
mouthfeel/texture of spun sugar but isn’t quite there.
19 day steep
Slight change in mouthfeel. This is the flavour of a Blue Raspberry Cotton
Candy, very sweet with a slight sticky and light mouthfeel, the slightly burnt
sugar taste gives it the authenticity of Cotton Candy.
Suggested Usage
I’d use an accent at 2%-3%, a background flavour at 3%-5%, a main note at
5%-7%. Standalone 7%+
This will pair well with fruits, beverage types, candies and may work with some creams.
When using this flavour especially at high % it may cause muting over time due to the
high Ethyl Maltol (EM) content"

ATF shows it used avg at 3% ish but that would be in recipes most likely

(CAP) Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy - at All The Flavors

EDIT - The 3 top rated CAP BRCC recipes using it at ATF pair it with One Stop DIY Raspberry Slush

(OSD) Blue Raspberry Slush

Set to start at CAP BRCC

again at

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I used to get my HS RY1 from RTS then when they became Nicotine Giant until they stopped carrying it.
Last time I bought a 120ml from The Steamery in AU. It cost just over $40 inc shipping.
Looks like Nicotine Giant has HS RY1 back in stock.
I only make it for 1 friend. He uses 6.72ml of flavoring about every 4 months and I have about 90ml left so we're still good for over 4 years but it's a relief to see NG continues to carry it :thumb:

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA

Thanks for the info. Looks like Nicotine Giant has it in stock again. They list RY1 in 30ml and 125ml. I never ordered from them before but I think I'll try it. No telling when they will run out again or when the USPS ban hammer will fall.

Edit: You beat me by 2 minutes, Mowgli. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread