Be Careful With the Terms Like E-Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

outofstep

Mar 15, 2009
Obviously, we all know what we mean when we say e-smoking on the forums.

What I'm talking about is using the term to someone that doesn't know what an e-cigarette is ESPECIALLY if they are from the media or a Congressman you are contacting.

We need to distance ourselves as much as possible from analog cigarettes, so others don't perceive it as something it is not.

Just a thought. If its a bad idea, let me know and I'll shut up.

Suggesting alternative terms, new or existing would be appreciated.

Last edited:

NY JETS

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NYC
www.CitySmoker.com
Its an electronic cigarette. If it wasnt, it wouldn't look like a cigarette. It is an alternative to tobacco cigarettes. When you call it a vaporizer, it sounds more like a smoking cessation device.

People aren't stupid, that when you are pulling on something that lights up at the end, emits what looks like smoke, and sometimes looks just like a real cigarette, that if you call it a vaporizer they will say ohhhhhhhhhh ok good!

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Its an electronic cigarette. If it wasnt, it wouldn't look like a cigarette. It is an alternative to tobacco cigarettes. When you call it a vaporizer, it sounds more like a smoking cessation device.

People aren't stupid, that when you are pulling on something that lights up at the end, emits what looks like smoke, and sometimes looks just like a real cigarette, that if you call it a vaporizer they will say ohhhhhhhhhh ok good!

I can't understand why anyone would argue over a name that has such a bad conotation as "Cigarette". I would think that anyone who is struggling to quit tobacco would be fine with a name change. I, personally, don't want to have anything to do with any product with the word "Cigarette" in it. As an ex-cigarette smoker, I prefer my "Personal Vaporizer" over the "E-Cigarette" any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread