Status
Not open for further replies.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Beat the Winter Blues Contest

Win your choice of either an eleaf istick with an innokin I clear XI, or a $20 store credit from Cactus E Smokes.

After looking at the tanks people want in their contest posts, PowerBand has decided to give the winner more choices. If the winner chooses the iStick instead of the store credit, they can now choose between the Innokin I clear XI, the Mini protank 3, the Mini Aerotank, the iclear 30B or the iclear 30S.

142031763428137169811.jpeg

iStick

innokin-iclear%20XI%203%20250x228.jpg

Innokin iClear XI iClear 30B iClear 30S

To enter, you have a choice of what to post about, but the first post each day, must begin with a link to something you would like in the CactusEsmokes Mechanicals & More store. If there is something you really want that isn't on there, tell us what you would like to see.

After your first post each day, you may post about each of these questions:

1. What is your preferred device and atty/tank and why

2. What is your preferred juice pg/vg ratio

3. Do you DIY your own juice?

4. What is your funniest or most interesting vape related story

You may post five times per day, so please date and number your posts so you will remember how many times you have posted.

Chit chat is allowed, but after the five posts per day, the posts won't count.

This contest will start on February 18th, and run until Midnight PST on Wednesday, February 25th.

The winner will be chosen by random.org on the morning of February 26th, and will be announced here. I will also pm the winner.

Have fun, and good luck everyone!

CactusEsmokes Mechanicals & More

edit: Some people have asked if every question has to be answered every day. No, they don't, they are basically a guideline to get things rolling. You are welcome to discuss anything vape related here, or just comment on someone else's answers. :) The only thing that is required, is to make your first post of the day, a link to something you would like on the Cactus E Smokes site, or something you would like that isn't on there.

edit again:

Power Band has just checked the postal rates, and shipping out of the country is really expensive, so this contest will have to be for US residents only. He is really sorry.

Last edited:

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
2/18 #2 1. What is your preferred device and atty/tank and why.....

My preferred tank is the Nautilus Mini. It was really a coin flip in deciding what "real" tank I would start with and I ended up with it. (and I like it)

I don't have any experience with other brands of like quality.

I am using my first "mod" the Eleaf 50W (less than a week with it). I also like it.

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
2/18/15

What is your preferred device and atty/tank and why?

Lately, it is the Groove 2 with a protank2 (if I am out) and my caterpillar rda (at home, usually at night). I like the batter life (3800 mah I think) I get from the Groove2, and I still rely on my protanks for my everyday use mostly because I can now rebuild them quite well. When I have time in the evening and I am sitting still, I do like to use the dripper for some better flavor.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
2/18 #4 3. Do you DIY your own juice?

The closest I have gotten to DIY is adding some VG to cut down on the nic and pg level in juice I bought. I have mixed 2 flavors together (to try and salvage one). The juice quest is a frustration of sorts, my taste buds are still changing (30 days), and there are many flavors I have yet to try. I have seriously though about DIY, made a shopping list, and estimated the costs but I am not ready for that step just yet.

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
2/18/15

What is your preferred juice pg/vg ratio?

I prefer 50/50. I have never tried higher pg, but every ratio with higher vg that I have tried has been too thick for my protanks. Maybe with a newer, better tank it would not be that much of an issue, but in the past when I was experimenting with different ratios I really only used the protanks.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
2/18 #5 4. What is your funniest or most interesting vape related story

I talked to a neighbor last fall outside. I smoked, he was vaping. Talked about it a little, forgot about it. Months later (jan) I was buying cigs and I saw a display of blister packs and mass market juice. Bought them on a whim. About a week later I hit my nic level, (jan 20) and haven't picked up a cig since. Found the forum on Jan 22.

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
2/18/15

Do you DIY your own juice?

I have tried in the past, but I do not DIY currently. There is such great juice out there for me to buy and I don't seem to have the knack to make it that well. I loved the idea of cutting down on expenses, but my experience was a little frustrating with my old eyes and shaky hands!

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
2/18/15

What is your funniest or most interesting vape related story?

I keep a few disposable cigalikes in my car to use and one day I am at a stop light puffing on one as a lady in the car next to me motioned for me to put my window down. She had a question about directions, but she commented on my little cigalike and I started to tell her what it was as fast as I could before the light changed - basically going through the abc's of vaping superfast. I really didn't even give her a chance to speak as I blabbed for like 45 seconds straight. As I finally shut up because the light was changing, she said how much she loves vaping and holds up a box mod and tank as we drove away. She probably knew more than me...and had better equipment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread