Beauty ring necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renacer

Jan 27, 2015
Clearwater, FL
If you don't even like it why are you afraid of losing it? :p

No, it's not necessary. It doesn't serve any purpose other than aesthetics. I suppose in theory it could provide a small level of protection to a dropped battery if the end hit the ground first but not dropping your e-cig in the first place is always the best plan.

I have a Vision Spinner II and an Aspire Nautilus Mini. Without the beauty ring it'd look ridiculous. But it's your vape, so it's your call.
On iclears I'd imagine they might get in the way so maybe you're right.

The 30s tank was given to me over a month ago. The ring was given to me yesterday. The guy who gave it to me claimed it was to improve airflow, but I don't notice a difference. I'm using a vision spinner battery and yes, it looks crazy without the ring but I really couldn't care about the looks when I'm using it cause I'm not vaping for looks LOL. If I was, I'd have a sick looking mod ;)

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I could be wrong but I dont think a beauty ring could improve air flow if anything it will restrict it if your tank draws threw the bottom. So dont worry about it. try it with and with out if you so no difference? Its really your call. In some cases it can add a little stability to your tank It might absorb a fall rather than just relying on the threads but thats about the only real propose I could see other than aesthetics

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I got a speech at my B&M about not having my ring on when I was using a 510 tank on my mvp. Says it provides support for the tank if it's dropped or in any way bent. I assume since he gave me a really nice ring for free that he wasn't saying it to sell me something lol. But no, I still don't think it's necessary especially if you're really careful with your stuff. It is actually necessary with my protank2's now though, the threading on the bottom of the AFC is too long so it wobbles even if it's made a connection to the battery, so screwing the ring up a bit to meet it keeps it from wobbling. So kinda glad I kept them around now lol. That handy advice was provided by the wonderful members here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread