Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Our new gladiator.

Maximus (Max) Decimus Meridius

6 weeks old.

f973b3660db3feeac391f29a45ca001c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

A few weeks of growth and removal of round worms and hook worms later...

pCQBLtc.jpg

Belly looks healthy.

I'm told he's getting pretty adept at fetch and better on the leash.

Still working on puppy nipping, but he's a sweetheart. Just gets a bit excited.

Guns don't kill people, virgins do! -Jim Jeffries

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Sheetz
Southampton twp, Pa

This link may help.
http://bfy.tw/Dw5u

[emoji14]

No, no ... I meant there's a Southampton Twp. in Cumberland County, Franklin County, Bedford County, Somerset County and maybe others too. But you done self-educated me.:rolleyes:

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
No, no ... I meant there's a Southampton Twp. in Cumberland County, Franklin County, Bedford County, Somerset County and maybe others too. But you done self-educated me.:rolleyes:
Yes, PA REALLY liked that name.

But it appears Sheetz preferred 1 county over the others.

I did say I was at Sheetz.
Please tell us you didn't buy fuel in PA. Prices are outrageous due to absurd taxes. I buy as little fuel as possible here.
Just happened to be RIGHT off the exit when I REALLY had to tinkle. All is well. :thumbs:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
It looks empty.. too open.
I was surrounded by vehicles everywhere else.

Just down the road there were factories and other towny type buildings. Some even being built.

And directly behind me was the highway.

But yes, it was a less populated area.

Reactions: Opinionated

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Question for Beck and others familiar with cross-country drives,

I am headed from upstate NY to Colorado next month. Trying to plan my drive. The most direct way goes through Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland etc but I am wondering if I'd be better off traffic-wise etc to drive south first and cut across on some other interstate.

Does anyone have recommendations for the least-busy interstate going east to west? Obviously I'm not looking to go super far south to cut across but was considering driving down to WV and taking I-70 across. The problem is I know nothing about the middle of the country and what the interstates are like.

I'm the type to avoid I-95 COMPLETELY going North/South because of traffic. I take I-81 for a more relaxed drive. So that's the kind of thing I'm hoping to do going west.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am headed from upstate NY to Colorado next month. Trying to plan my drive. The most direct way goes through Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland etc but I am wondering if I'd be better off traffic-wise etc to drive south first and cut across on some other interstate.
Are you on a tight schedule? Have you considered cutting across Canada to Sault Ste. Marie, and getting back on I80 just west of Iowa City?

If that's not an option, I would take I90 to I271 northeast of Clevland, then I71 to Columbus and I70 the rest of the way to Denver.

I've done I80 through Ill-noise once. Never again.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Are you on a tight schedule? Have you considered cutting across Canada to Sault Ste. Marie, and getting back on I80 just west of Iowa City?

If that's not an option, I would take I90 to I271 northeast of Clevland, then I71 to Columbus and I70 the rest of the way to Denver.

I've done I80 through Ill-noise once. Never again.
I did consider the Canada crossing but think I'd prefer to stick to the states, so I will heavily consider your second suggestion. I have other reasons for preferring to avoid IL anyway so that sounds like a good route. Thanks Rossum!

Side note, I'm trying to get out there in 2-3 days (likely 3, I am a Sloth after all) and will be sleeping in my car at truck stops along the way. Lot lizards, here I come :thumbs:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Welcome back Beck.

I literally just got back to the Dacks from Moab. I gotta hand it to ya, Beck. You are a good man for doing what you do and not losing your mind due to the idiocy of people on the road. 5000 miles of treachery...god almighty :facepalm:

I am seriously elated to get home alive.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thank you again for the recommendation, this is precisely the route I took. Nice drive, not many big cities at all, the ones there were I hit at good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread