Been using the breeze 2 for a few weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedudeist

Apr 22, 2018
I've followed the instructions to the letter, but weirdly enough, my sub ohm coils still give me the burnt cotton taste. I mean it doesnt taste burnt, but it certainly tastes more like cotton than it does my e-juice. It's saturated, and its been doing alright for a few hours, but it seems that every few hours i have to open it up and just tighten the coil to get it to burn e-juice again. Its weird because it's structure makes sure its always in contact, so im not really sure what exactly im fixing by rescrewing the coil in...any suggestions? The taste is disgusting, and i dont want to waste yet another coil.(the other one was my fault though, how could i have known the e-juice would run out so quickly? blame physics.)

Reactions: Diver9543

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I've followed the instructions to the letter, but weirdly enough, my sub ohm coils still give me the burnt cotton taste. I mean it doesnt taste burnt, but it certainly tastes more like cotton than it does my e-juice. It's saturated, and its been doing alright for a few hours, but it seems that every few hours i have to open it up and just tighten the coil to get it to burn e-juice again. Its weird because it's structure makes sure its always in contact, so im not really sure what exactly im fixing by rescrewing the coil in...any suggestions? The taste is disgusting, and i dont want to waste yet another coil.(the other one was my fault though, how could i have known the e-juice would run out so quickly? blame physics.)
Hi and welcome,
Do you have the air flow open or closed or somewhere in between?
What is the PG/VG ratio of your liquid?
Is your liquid VERY sweet?
Are you trying to use a MTL pod system to take DTL hits?
Have you only used the .6Ω coils? Perhaps the 1.0Ω coils would be more forgiving?
I think the new pod/tanks are now transparent so you can monitor the juice level or not. :lol:

Cheers
I

Last edited:

Thedudeist

Apr 22, 2018
airflow is open as far as it will go.
the pg/vg is however they're sold when prepackaged...
its honey cream...
I dont understand the question..
ive tried both .6 and 1.0, and i find the higher ohm dissatisfying.
they are, i just didnt bother to look, ruining a perfectly good coil, though that is a different story of a different day.

Anyway, i used a .6 coil for weeks with no issues, but ever since that first time that i replaced the coil, got a few dry hits because of an empty liquid tank, ive been having issues of the cotton taste. Trouble is, ive cleaned the tank and refilled it, but it still happens every few hours. Whenever i take a good hit, i can feel the liquid gurgling down there, but when the cotton taste is coming, i dont feel any of that bubbling. Hence why despite everything it just seems like the liquid isnt being heated sometimes...

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
airflow is open as far as it will go.
the pg/vg is however they're sold when prepackaged...
its honey cream...
I dont understand the question..
ive tried both .6 and 1.0, and i find the higher ohm dissatisfying.
they are, i just didnt bother to look, ruining a perfectly good coil, though that is a different story of a different day.

Anyway, i used a .6 coil for weeks with no issues, but ever since that first time that i replaced the coil, got a few dry hits because of an empty liquid tank, ive been having issues of the cotton taste. Trouble is, ive cleaned the tank and refilled it, but it still happens every few hours. Whenever i take a good hit, i can feel the liquid gurgling down there, but when the cotton taste is coming, i dont feel any of that bubbling. Hence why despite everything it just seems like the liquid isnt being heated sometimes...
Hmm..
Okay, I might try closing the air flow a bit to increase the vacuum in the tank and encourage better liquid feeding.

Juice: What juice are you using and from which manufacture? Is it freebase or salt nicotine based?

A DTL draw is like from a hookah; open, airy and deep. A MTL draw is closer to a normal cigarette.

"Dissatisfying" in what way? No throat hit? Not enough nicotine? no flavour? not enough vapor volume?

Do you experience any leakage/spitting or juice in you mouth?

Did you source the replacement coils from a trusted vendor or someplace like Ebay?

Please describe what you mean by: "Whenever i take a good hit, i can feel the liquid gurgling down there"
The atomizer vaporizing the liquid has a distinctive sound (a sizzle if you will) but "gurgling" is often a sign of a flooded coil or excessive condensation.

Thanks for your time.
I

Thedudeist

Apr 22, 2018
I'll try that.

philip rock, honey cream. 80vg/20pg.. thats all thats written on there.
I mean, the airflow is a bit restricted, so i have no baseline from which to tell you what draw it is.
The throat hit, without it, i just dont get any satisfaction from it.
occasionally yes.
I got it from a shop called nextgen vapes. They have a few locations, and a website it seems.

Well, when i take the pull, i can hear/feel the liquid bubbling. I know there is a bit of e-liquid in the chamber where the coil is. Due to the way its built its pretty much inevitable for the liquid to be there. Of course this didnt happen at all during the first few weeks...maybe i used too much liquid when i was priming it? But that doesnt explain why i cant taste the honey when i take a hit half the time. is a flooded coil a bad thing?

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'll try that.

philip rock, honey cream. 80vg/20pg.. thats all thats written on there.
I mean, the airflow is a bit restricted, so i have no baseline from which to tell you what draw it is.
The throat hit, without it, i just dont get any satisfaction from it.
occasionally yes.
I got it from a shop called nextgen vapes. They have a few locations, and a website it seems.

Well, when i take the pull, i can hear/feel the liquid bubbling. I know there is a bit of e-liquid in the chamber where the coil is. Due to the way its built its pretty much inevitable for the liquid to be there. Of course this didnt happen at all during the first few weeks...maybe i used too much liquid when i was priming it? But that doesnt explain why i cant taste the honey when i take a hit half the time. is a flooded coil a bad thing?

Max VG /80% VG is, IMO, too thick to wick properly in that device. ( It may be over sweetened as well)
The best performance seems to come from a 60-70% VG mix.
If you are not getting the TH you would like, increasing the nicotine content and or increasing the PG content should enhance TH.
And yep, flooded, gurgling coils can not vaporize the liquid efficiently or effectively. As you noted, the first few weeks you did not experience the "gurgle". Had you been using a different juice in the beginning?

Cheers
I

Thedudeist

Apr 22, 2018
no, ive been using the same liquid from the start. but ill ask about the pg vg combo.

to be honest, i have no idea what to do about it flooding. the tank of e liquid and the chamber for the the coil are pretty much the same. if i emptied out the chamber it would eventually lead to the container also being emptied of e liquid...i think this is how i ended up burning my first coil. Because i emptied out the chamber, not realizing that i was also emptying the container.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
You said the problem didn't start until you got a dry hit from an empty tank, which leads me to believe you may have burnt some of the wicking material. That would explain the wierd taste. The only way to fix that is to change the coil. A burnt spot on the coils wick can cause excess juice to get into the coil and start to flood a bit, which would explain your second issue.

Thedudeist

Apr 22, 2018
its a brand new coil though...But i guess that would be a good explanation for my previous coil. The current one seems to just randomly taste wrong. a mixture of the juice and what i think is the cotton. I've noticed that it tastes less like juice and more like cotton the closer i get to the end of the battery life too, weirdly enough....This is such a funky device.
It was very much dead when i started this thread, so i can now say that lowering the air intake has helped significantly. I suppose this juice is thicker than a fully open air flow can pull in? Wish i paid attention when it was set up the first time. That being said, theres still a hint of the cotton in it. after a few more hits, i noticed that even with a significantly reduced airflow, theres often almost no vapor as well. I need, like a full blown diagnostic on this thing....

Thedudeist

Apr 22, 2018
I have the Penguin and run into this problem too, but make sure I prime it and let it set overnite, seems to be working better.
I also have the Fundamental Particle Mission another pod device- I can't even vape that- horrible tasting hits!
overnight is a really big difference from the recommended 5 minutes...

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Pod systems are in their infancy and help wean folks off smokes. This is a good thing. I noticed from your other posts you still have the same "burnt" problem with another pod:
re: Hello
Since you have enjoyed vaping, I strongly suggest you decide to take control of your vaping equipment and settings. Perhaps now would be a good time to purchase a variable wattage mod and a MTL tank that you can have some control over with regards to changing (or choosing a different ohm coil) to a clean coil. The following information is posted with the intent of introducing a vaper to various vape choices other than AIO pods:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
http://ecigclopedia.com/6-quick-useful-vaping-tips-for-beginners/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

• Informative

Thedudeist

Apr 22, 2018
Pod systems are in their infancy and help wean folks off smokes. This is a good thing. I noticed from your other posts you still have the same "burnt" problem with another pod:
re: Hello
Since you have enjoyed vaping, I strongly suggest you decide to take control of your vaping equipment and settings. Perhaps now would be a good time to purchase a variable wattage mod and a MTL tank that you can have some control over with regards to changing (or choosing a different ohm coil) to a clean coil. The following information is posted with the intent of introducing a vaper to various vape choices other than AIO pods:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
Hey, thanks for the guides! They are really educational. With these pages i have the confidence to eventually upgrade to one of the big boys... That being said, switching to a lower VG juice seems to have fixed the problem so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread