Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Try doing ONE and see how it does. With water, it can take several days for them to dry completely, so don't be impatient. I squirt vodka through mine with a syringe, and they're ready the next day (I save ones that need cleaning in a bowl and do a couple dozen at a time)
But I use the 808 kind, so YMMV.

Jxnbklyn9

Apr 18, 2011
Massachusetts
I found that using a turkey baster and forcing some vodka through them and then holding it over the sink and pumping air through them with the baster works really well, I am back up and running the next day since the vodka dries quicker than water. I have yet to have one fail on me... You can taste the vodka on the first few puffs but then it goes away :) thanks for everyone's help!

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Sometimes it works. Sometimes the filling seems to move and you can't get a good draw off them after cleaning. (or any draw. It's like sucking a Wendy's frosty thru a straw)
All in all, I'd say I can reuse probably 3 out of 5 of them after they're cleaned.

Now, I know I could take out the filler and re-fill. Hubby came up with a way using a cocktail straw and a burger king straw, but I try to limit the effort I'm willing to put out to re-use a $1.50 item. That's why we don't go for the "duals" or "quad core" or "tanks" ;-) I wanna keep it cheap

Still...it's possible that after the "Feds" get thru with us they may be $10 each, so we try to keep our stock on hand numbers up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread