Before I order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

samazon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2012
MS
So! After poking (and poking some more) around on the forums, this is the setup I'm going to (re)start with (upgrading from the old 510?)...

2 eGo Twist batts (one 650 mAh, one 1000 mAh) from cignot (and a charger of course)
2 Kanger T2 Rebuildable Clearomizers from discountvapers
4 extra Kanger T2 innard thingies
1 Kanger T0 Bottom Coil Clearomizer (also from discountvapers)

Now... from what I understand.. the Kangers should screw directly onto the eGos, right? I know cignot is reliable, but I didn't see any reviews for discountvapers but it was linked to from a discussion about the T0...

Is this good? I think it'll be fun. I haven't decided what to order re: e-juice yet, but I've got a ton of options (probably start with Pink...Spots? thingie?) I just want to make sure I'm not missing some huge thing.

Homedude

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2011
Conroe, Texas
Crap. Now I'm looking at the gotvapes web site.

There is a serious excess of options. My ladybrain is overloaded with shiny colors and widgets. My less indecisive brainparts say just order the stuff and be done with it.

Maybe get the Vivi Nova rather than the Kanger? What's the diff?

Relax. There are tons of options out there but you have plenty of time to try them at your leisure. Don't be in such a rush. Your Kangers will wear out, break or just suddenly die on you. It's a fact of vaping life... nothing lasts forever. You'll be placing regular orders for a long time to come and you'll enjoy doing it. The only thing that I would change from your original order is the addition of a 510 atomizer and drip tip so that you can test out flavors without filling an entire clearo.

christt67

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Maricopa, AZ.
I used to think that I was spending to much money on vaping too. Just think. Paying 5-7 dollars on a pack of ciggs a day verses 10 dollars on a pack of 5 clearos/cartos, or a Vivi Nove tank w/ replacable wicks at 9-12 dollars, that last almost a month. The saving are great! It is a little daunting at first until you find the setup you really like. Thats when the saving really kick in.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
So! After poking (and poking some more) around on the forums, this is the setup I'm going to (re)start with (upgrading from the old 510?)...

2 eGo Twist batts (one 650 mAh, one 1000 mAh) from cignot (and a charger of course)

Now... from what I understand.. the Kangers should screw directly onto the eGos, right? I know cignot is reliable, but I didn't see any reviews for discountvapers but it was linked to from a discussion about the T0...

Is this good? I think it'll be fun. I haven't decided what to order re: e-juice yet, but I've got a ton of options (probably start with Pink...Spots? thingie?) I just want to make sure I'm not missing some huge thing.

Only 1 more thing I would suggest getting is 1 dripping atomizer for tasting liquids so that you don't put one you don't really like into a tank. It will save a lot of hassel of draining the tank, rinsing the tank and letting it dry before you refill.

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York

Order a drip tip and a box or 2 of XL 1.7 ohm smoketech cartomizers too. (Or Boge's)

When all that other stuff breaks, leaks, dies, etc. you will be GLAD you have them!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I used to think that I was spending to much money on vaping too. Just think. Paying 5-7 dollars on a pack of ciggs a day verses 10 dollars on a pack of 5 clearos/cartos, or a Vivi Nove tank w/ replacable wicks at 9-12 dollars, that last almost a month. The saving are great! It is a little daunting at first until you find the setup you really like. Thats when the saving really kick in.

Yep, once you get over the initial try this, try that mode and settle down with hardware and juice you like, it's a matter of keeping your favorite supplies on hand. Then vaping gets much cheaper than cigarettes.

Most of us spent at least $150, $200, or more a month on cartons of cigs. You can buy a lot of hardware with that kind of budget.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I'd add a box of Boge LR 2 ohm cartos to that order for those times when you want something ready, reliable, and handy to vape. Fill them this way the first time. After that, you can add a few drops from the top when the taste wanes.

Homedude

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2011
Conroe, Texas
... so... The only attys I'm looking at seem to come in 2.5 or 2.8 ohms... for dripping/tasting liquid... is this ok? Should I look for a lower ... ohm..y... atty?

Either of those will be fine on the twist. Just remember that as the resistance increases, your voltage will need to do the same.

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
Yep, once you get over the initial try this, try that mode and settle down with hardware and juice you like, it's a matter of keeping your favorite supplies on hand. Then vaping gets much cheaper than cigarettes.

Most of us spent at least $150, $200, or more a month on cartons of cigs. You can buy a lot of hardware with that kind of budget.

This is a 100% correct :vapor:

samazon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2012
MS
^.^ This coming week is the roll off for my bowling league and we're guaranteed at least second place (we're in first now, just gotta bring it home...) SO I'll be taking my win-dollas and using them to switch from analogs to vaping! ... and (I still haven't ordered anything yet ;_; ) I'm thinking about just going ahead and getting a provari instead of the twists.

Indecision, dang you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread