Beginner "Mod" question with vv/vw

Status
Not open for further replies.

djennings

Mar 12, 2014
Dayton, OH, USA
So went to a new vapor store in the area today and tried out an ego twist vv battery. The guy tried to sell me something that looked like a square and can not for the life of me think of what it was. So once I turned up the voltage slightly I was really impressed so the question(s) I had was...

• What would you recommend as far as taking the next step and upgrading from my ego type battery?
  • I would rather spend a little extra money and get something that is more useful than the 25-30 bucks on a 1000mha battery.
  • What should I be looking for? What questions should I ask?
  • I like the fact that I can put the whole thing on the charge and not have to worry about extra batteries and chargers but not a compete deal breaker.
  • Also I believe i've seen it before a battery that has the digital display that you can adjust voltage and wattage I think that would be the best but still open to opinions!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and give your feed back. I do apologize if I got any of the terminology wrong, please forgive me!

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
If you mean they showed you something that was rectangular in shape rather than being cube-shaped it's very likely what you saw was an Innokin MVP 2.0. It is an extremely popular mod, has plenty of bells and whistles while being very easy to operate. The 2600 mAh battery gives you plenty of vaping time plus it has passthrough capability.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I'm guess MVP2 as well. Its a good device with solid reviews and solid performance. Pull the trigger on it. You should be able to find one on eBay for $40 or so. You won't be disappointed. It has a nice form factor, an accurate ohm reader and a good chip in it, superior to EGO battery and Vamo chips (IMO). Good way to delve into the more advanced stuff. If you really wanna spend some bones, look into the Provari, but you may want to consider that later, there's a lot of devices out there that can do a whole heck of a lot that the Provari can't. DNA30 mods are becoming very popular, and theres some really cool stuff like the Darwin, but we're talkin like $300 bucks for that nifty gadget

djennings

Mar 12, 2014
Dayton, OH, USA
If you mean they showed you something that was rectangular in shape rather than being cube-shaped it's very likely what you saw was an Innokin MVP 2.0. It is an extremely popular mod, has plenty of bells and whistles while being very easy to operate. The 2600 mAh battery gives you plenty of vaping time plus it has passthrough capability.

Yes that is exactly what it is! I couldn't really describe it very well.. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go ahead and buy it today when I was there because im not totally sure about lugging that thing around! Ill have to check into the features and go from there.

djennings

Mar 12, 2014
Dayton, OH, USA
I'm guess MVP2 as well. Its a good device with solid reviews and solid performance. Pull the trigger on it. You should be able to find one on eBay for $40 or so. You won't be disappointed. It has a nice form factor, an accurate ohm reader and a good chip in it, superior to EGO battery and Vamo chips (IMO). Good way to delve into the more advanced stuff. If you really wanna spend some bones, look into the Provari, but you may want to consider that later, there's a lot of devices out there that can do a whole heck of a lot that the Provari can't. DNA30 mods are becoming very popular, and theres some really cool stuff like the Darwin, but we're talkin like $300 bucks for that nifty gadget

Hmm so are you saying that I should go for it? Is it capable of "sub-ohming"? Or is that with just those big external batteries? Just making sure I don't blow my face off.

Last edited:

djennings

Mar 12, 2014
Dayton, OH, USA
I just got an MVP2 today and already had it's little brother the vv v3. The MVP2 is outstanding!!! If your thinking about getting one I say go for it. I so glad I have both the MVP and the vv v3. I'm set for a long time to come now and can enjoy experimenting with different toppers now.

I'm really thinking about it! It sounds like a pretty cool device for the next step from an ego!

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
You can't go wrong with the MVP for the price. If your wanting to stick with a round form factor instead og going to a "box" form your choices are vast. Personally I found my evic 18650 size to be a good value and comfortable to use and carry. THe replaceable battery is what edged it out over the MVP 2.0 for me.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Hmm so are you saying that I should go for it? Is it capable of "sub-ohming"? Or is that with just those big external batteries? Just making sure I don't blow my face off.

Walk before you run. It's not necessary to go sub oHm to get a great vape with nice clouds. The MVP won't do sub ohm but it will provide a safe playground to learn to build your own coils and learn enough to know if you even wish to go sub ohm. If you do decide to go that route study study how to do sub ohm safely like it's a new-found religion.

Walk before you run. It's not necessary to go sub oHm to get a great vape with nice clouds. The MVP won't do sub ohm but it will provide a safe playground to learn to build your own coils and learn enough to know if you even wish to go sub ohm. If you do decide to go that route study study how to do sub ohm safely like it's a new-found religion.

Yeah after I posted that it was like a "duh" moment. That is not what I am after and realized it probably did not have those capabilities, I do believe after watching a few trusted peoples reviews and listening to posts on here I will have to go purchase one of these in the morning!

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
My first mod was a Vamo V3, lasted me about 8 months until I broke it and the picked up an SVD. Both a similar in features except the controls are slightly different. The MVP is nice but I couldn't bring myself to buy one over the SVD, though it would make a very suitable beginner mod that is sure to last for a long time.

As far as sub - ohm setups, I know you already had that "duh" moment, but the best way for me to figure them out and test them out was to buy my mech mod and an RDA to fool around with. You have to be sure to use the right batteries for the setup or the battery could vent and hurt you. There are plenty of in depth threads about sub ohming and the dangers of it on here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
While I own and love my MVP 2, I'd have to recommend the SVD because you have a full range of variable voltage and wattage available that you don't get with the MVP. The SVD will do the "round robin" which the MVP doesen't and it's just a bit more difficult than the MVP to switch from one mode to the other that's rarely done once you've figured out what mode you prefer.

The MVP has a puff counter but you'll find that to be more entertainment than a necessity in a short amount of time.

The SVD will accept any battery between the shorter 18350 and the longer (up to 3400 mah) 18650 batteries.

The MVP has many great strengths but I believe the SVD is better for a first VV/VW mod because of it's flexibility.

I jus got the itaste vv v3 last week and it's been awesome. I was using ego batteries before that and this is my first mod. You can control voltage, wattage, it has am ohm reader on it to tell you what your coil load is, and I can't forget passthrough. The charger cord is long enough for me to sit on the couch and vape while charging. I absolutely love it and it cost around $50. It is also very portable. I keep it in my pocket all day with no issues. Hope this helps. Happy vaping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
So I went today and bought a MVP 2 and so far I love it! Pretty awesome device!

Awesome, congrats! Do yourself a favor and check out some videos on youtube of how it's operated, grimmgreen has a good one. I mean how you go about changing from voltage or wattage mode, you don't have to set them both. I have an MVP2 as well and love it. Using it's little brother the v3 with my Nautilus right now running 3.8v and it's a good vape. I'm glad you like your purchase, you made a big upgrade! I also upgraded from a regular style ego to the MVP and have been very happy with it the last few months.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
My recent upgrade was from Joyetech ego-cc ego-c upgrade battery to the mvp2 and it has been an awesome experience as I was not breaking the bank and got a great quality device. I'm using a kangertech mini protank 2 v2 with it and a smoktech uda rda with cotton build. The omh checker seems to be spot on because I always double check it on my multimeter. I just started vaping about a month and a half ago and I'm already rebuilding my Kanger coils and rda. The mvp2 is well worth the money and the battery life is phenomenal! I'm trying to decide on a nice tank to purchase to go with it, I'm thinking a pt3 or Nautilus

... Sent from my LG G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread