Beginner RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFBrianT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
San Francisco
I currently have a vamo and an eVic, not really interested in getting a mech yet. I know I need a multi meter and have a lot to read up on before i actually start rebuilding. I also want to avoid mesh for the time being. ( too much fir involved :evil: ) Just looking for something to get started on. Oh and not really interested in dripping either.

Definitely want to avoid really low ohms too.

Last edited:

lewmaster

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Zim Town
If you use a cotton wick, or even a good silica setup with a "dripper", you don't have to actually drip constantly - its not like a premade dripping atty. I've been blowing clouds all day on a $5 V5 from fasttech with a 2.9 micro coil and cotton wick and only put a few drops total in there today.

Only real problem with the v5 is the allen wrench didn't work to open it up - I had to use my own, but it did work for the screws. Its a little ghetto but it's sweet if you take the time to get it fired up.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I find the Octopus easier than the iGo L because the posts on the Octopus have holes to thread the coil through. But the part I struggle with the most is actually wrapping the coil. It takes me about 5 tries before I get a decent one, and even then it's not that decent a coil. Any tips from the experts?
hold the wick with a paperclip or sewing needle wrap it snugly, space out the coils properly, attach to the atty and pull the pin

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
hold the wick with a paperclip or sewing needle wrap it snugly, space out the coils properly, attach to the atty and pull the pin

I do that when recoiling my protank heads too except I leave the paperclip in it until after I get the legs locked in place underneath with the plug and post. It keeps my from accidentally pulling the coil too deep in the protank head.

ScottM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Houston
I would suggest first making some coils for a rebuildable. Between the multimeter, Ohms Law, and learning what a C rating for a battery means, make sure you want to jack with it. To me, it's fun and interesting. To some, it is simply a pain. If you decide you like making coils, then look into an RBA.

One of the reasons that I went the RBA route, is due to the questionable metal content in some attys. I first started making coils after vaping the grommet due to hot legs an a few attys. They tasted horrid, and I started wondering what I just put into my lungs... Another reason that I went with an RBA, is that I simply like fiddling with things. I like making the coils and experimenting with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread