Beginner RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFBrianT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
San Francisco
RSST is supposed to be one of the simples of the Genny style RBAs.

Because the tank is plastic and the hole is insulated you do not have to worry so much about shorting things out by not oxidizing well enough.

Thank You! That is just the kind of thing i was looking for. What wick/mesh/kanthal would you recommend to go with it. There are several choices of each and right now all that is Greek to me.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Thank You! That is just the kind of thing i was looking for. What wick/mesh/kanthal would you recommend to go with it. There are several choices of each and right now all that is Greek to me.

I am a beginner with these also. My best advice hit youtube and hunt up videos on GEnnys ore genesis style atomizers (this is one). I actually skipped the RSST in particular because I got a killer deal on a pair of (less forgiving) AGA -Ts. The setup is basically the same.

In fact I think PBusardo did a vid on the RSST...I KNOW he did one on the AGA.

I am probably going to set up one of my AGAs as silica and one as SS mesh when htey come in Friday. Just to try it both ways.

Now there is a new thing people are using in Gennys SS cable instead of mesh. I haven't even begun to sort that out.

VarosVapor

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran

Depends on the juice mix I think. I use 50/50 and went with 400 mesh and 34 gauge Kanthal on my RSST. Got a 1.5 ohm coils on my second build and so far so good. As per pbusardo vid I will be drilling the air hole to open up the draw and get more vapor. Want to try a lower res wire like 28 or 32 gauge to get more wraps around the wick for the same resistance value. I think the more wraps the more contact with the wick and juice should produce better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread