Status
Not open for further replies.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Anyone figured out a way to crack the head open on one of these? Mine died the day after I got it and I was hoping I might be able to fix it, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to get to its brain... or even how to get the top cap off.

tzmax3.jpg

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
before trying to de-head it(pretty sure there press fit)i would check your spring and threads and maybe use some
Noaloxon them,i had one of my SS z-max's stop working just like that once,popped the spring out and washed it and cuffed it up a little with scotch-brite and then lubed the threads with the noaloxon(you can get it from home depot,or provape) put it all back together and has worked since.

if all else fails and you cant return/exchange it you probably going to have to rap some cloth around the head (to help protect it from scratches) and grab it with some pliers and try to wobble it back and forth til it comes loose.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Thanks... I think I've exhausted all the easy stuff at this point. Tried all the usual spring and thread maintenance stuff, and none of it's worked.

I suspected the top was press-fit, and figured my next step was the old channel-locks, but figured I'd toss it out there in case anyone else had any experience with one of these. On the bright side, it is dead with no warranty, so at least I don't have to worry about screwing it up. :)

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Trick there have been some reports of this - a few people on another thread has a loose screen as well as a crooked screen
We are now realizing that 9 out if 10 devices have the crooked screen - so If yours was straight it was actually a mistake lol .

There are also reports of the loose screen but not 9 out of 10 - maybe 3 out of 10

Why no warranty ? Can't you email the vendor and get a replacement? They are fairly new devices and the vendors should honor the warranty ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread