Behind the times. Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
I admit it. I became complacent. I had my Vision Spinners and my Kanger T-2's and I was content. I wandered away from the forum for a couple of years and I haven't kept up with the new products on the market. Well, Kanger T-2's have been out of stock for about 2 years, and I'm down to the last 2 in my stash. I'd love some recommendations, based on the fact that I've been very happy with the T-2's. I've gotten used to a top coil setup, and one of the things I like about T-2's is that they're top loading, so I don't need a table, a sink, and a roll of paper towels to refill. I vape VG-heavy liquids, if that is a consideration. I want plug-and-play, I'm not interested in anything fiddly. I know that there are some very good new products available. So what should I try first?

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
MsTick if you really like top coil (as do I also) you may want to give the Victory VT eGo clearos a try. They have replaceable heads and many times its the clearo i use myself. We have plenty in stock and heads ranging from 1.8 to 2.8. They last a good long while.

NEW Vision Victory VT eGo Tank : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Then of course we have the FLuXomizer. These do NOT have replaceable heads but are top fill.

Search Results : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Since you are vaping high VG liquids, I think you will be more than happy with a bottom coil clearomizer. I know you liked your T2's, but for top coil wicks to "pull up" VG is not as efficient as bottom coils IMHO. I am a high VG vaper.

1) so if you want some small single coil clearos that will work on your Spinners (and assuming you don't want to get rid of your spinners) you might try the Kanger EVOD, the Kanger T3S, Kanger MT3, or Kanger Protank Mini.

2) However, if you want to move your entire system "up" a notch, maybe start out with a istick 30 or 50w (or even 20w) and a Nautilus Clearomizer or GS Air clearomizer, which so many people are happy with. (and reason I suggest is because it is not expensive, is one of the most popular systems out there now due to price, etc. though there are of course many other options out there now). (and which Got Vapes also carries).

Really, the only diff between top coils and bottom is that for bottom coils you are screwing off the bottom of the clearo to fill instead of the mouthpeice/top cap....and IMHO bottom coils just wick VG a whole lot better.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Since you are vaping high VG liquids, I think you will be more than happy with a bottom coil clearomizer. I know you liked your T2's, but for top coil wicks to "pull up" VG is not as efficient as bottom coils IMHO. I am a high VG vaper.

1) so if you want some small single coil clearos that will work on your Spinners (and assuming you don't want to get rid of your spinners) you might try the Kanger EVOD, the Kanger T3S, Kanger MT3, or Kanger Protank Mini.

2) However, if you want to move your entire system "up" a notch, maybe start out with a istick 30 or 50w (or even 20w) and a Nautilus Clearomizer or GS Air clearomizer, which so many people are happy with. (and reason I suggest is because it is not expensive, is one of the most popular systems out there now due to price, etc. though there are of course many other options out there now). (and which Got Vapes also carries).

Really, the only diff between top coils and bottom is that for bottom coils you are screwing off the bottom of the clearo to fill instead of the mouthpeice/top cap....and IMHO bottom coils just wick VG a whole lot better.

Excellent post, thank you so much for chiming in Racehorse.

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Thanks, guys. I'm not insistent on staying with the spinners, but they've been very reliable. That's just my problem, I found something that worked and stuck with it until it became obsolete. (In my defense, I moved, twice, and changed jobs, twice, so I've had other priorities.) I need to buy new batteries now, too, so I'm open to try a new set-up. My issue with bottom coil systems is that they're messy to refill if you only have two hands. I tried the T-3's when they were fairly new, and that was an issue, as was leaking and gurgling.

Reactions: dannoman

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Do you plan to stick with your Vision Spinners for your devices, and just want new topper suggestions for the Spinners?
Hey, Turtle, it's nice to see a familiar face here. (You, too, Danno.) No, I'm open to whatever works now. I just wanted you to know what I've liked til now so you would have an idea of what I'd be looking for.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Good to see you back with us, @MsTick.

I think Racehorse covered the bases for you. My vote would go to the iStick 30w or 40wTC. (You don't have to use the TC fuctionality; the 40wTC works great in VW mode.) And the GS Air tanks work beautifully at a very attractive price.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree with others about the istick 30 watt. It is a great little power pack. I have, and am not partial to, the GS-AIR line myself. I am partial to the Mini Trophy/mini davide line of bottom coil toppers. I like the fact that they have the ego threading. the istick comes with an adapter so you can use either ego or 510 threaded toppers. I also really really like SMOKtech ARO 2 line. They aren't glass but for me are wonderful little toppers and come in lots of great colors. The only time I ever get any leaking from any of my toppers is when they get really low. It doesn't happen every time but when it does, I know it is because there's not enough liquid in there to hold the vacuum.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Turtle had a good recommend on a new vape that begin the Eleaf TC 40W - its a great size, built in battery that lasts a GOOD long while (its what i hav ebeen usign myself lately and i can attest to that) and of course it can handle regular variable wattage, sub ohms down to around .2ohm and you have th eoption also of Temperature Control should you ever get into that.

Reactions: VapingTurtle

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
Thanks, all. I ordered an EVOD and Protank mini to check out. Dan, the Vision Victory looks like exactly what I'm looking for, but it has a metal mouthpiece and I'm nickel sensitive. I'll also check out the istick and air thingies, but want to have some time to look over who goes with what so I know what I'm doing before I buy.

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
I'm just like you @MsTick... I wandered away for a couple years, stuck on my Twists with carto tanks. Was very happy with them but was getting getting harder to find the cartos I liked. Came back here and holy crap! Am I out of touch!! Everything has changed!!! Well, I must change also so got myself and Eleaf Istick 50w, which led to a 30w, then a 40wTC and yet another 30w!! I also upgraded to the Protanks, I think you'll like them but I bet you'll end up getting the bigger ones because the minis require refilling a LOT! The Protank 3 is the perfect size tank,,, not too big, not too small. I also have some Nautilus, Eleaf GS and a couple aero tanks. Yeah, I went a little hog wild! But haven't spent anything on bear in a long time so I was due. I feel well set for a good long time now. I think you'll be really happy with your new goodies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread