Status
Not open for further replies.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Try like 1/64" for starters. It really depends on your juice consistency. Just because it's all VG does not necesarily mean it's very thick. It all depends how much the vendor already thinned them down. You can always go deeper if 1/64" isn't enough. The good thing is if you go too deep you can always rotate that post and try a new spot. The only changing effect is when the grooves are right above the wicks.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Xl's are the skinnier 1.5 ml. The same idea works with the 3ml also. You just want to give the wicks a pinch more room.

how much are we talking?

A "pinch" or a "smidge" is a relative measurement most of the time... they just mean a little bit, not much etc.

Very few around here will have a micrometer or digital caliper and measure for something like this ... In fact, with the differences of viscosities of the juices as well as the differing voltage they are vaping with... what works for one person is unlikely to work for another...

So it's time to put on the thinking cap a bit... get out the jeweler's files and just ... take your best guess and don't go to far since it's unlikely to require much more of a gap than a smidgen more.... IF the problem is the gap and not the coils just pushed down to far into the cup or something similar.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
and the coil being down too far would cause the fluid not to draw in enough and me having to take so many primer puffs? and what are the chances of two of them having the same exact problem?

If you have the carto opened up already to change/adjust the size of the opening... you should also look at what else may be wrong at the same time... such as coil position etc since it is also a known issue with certain ones.

If the location of the coil is pushed down... then the wicks will be angled up at an angle like \_/ instead of ___ which could also cut off the opening slightly ...

The chances of these types of QC issues increase and could have the same issue if both units were purchased on the same order... this increases the chances they were likely produced on the same day and assembly line by the same workers... This doesn't mean you will always see a particular QC issue in a particular batch, it just increases the odds that you would.

It also just makes sense that if you already have a carto/atty etc already open to inspect the whole thing yourself and address anything you may see that isn't perfect already....

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
Mogium: Just so you know, you do have the genuine phoenix XL from GotVapes. Sorry, can't help you with the other stuff - the only problem I had with them was finding the tiny fill hole. I use 50-60%, thinning with a little distilled water if needed.

I still appreciate them very much just want them to be the best experience for me possible :)

SuperLuckyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Austin, TX
If you check in here Morgans, seein as dis is your threads here...:laugh:...We are thinking of you and hopes that your mom is doing better :D

Thanks so much monkey lady - you are a sweetheart for thinking of me! My mum is still hanging in there, seems to be getting a bit better.

I haven't actually made it to England yet, as we had another crisis here. The same day grandbaby came home from the hospital, her mother had a mini-stroke, and has been in the hospital herself ever since. She is stable now, and should be home Monday or so.

So, I've booked another flight for England on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll make this one. And thank again my dear.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Thanks so much monkey lady - you are a sweetheart for thinking of me! My mum is still hanging in there, seems to be getting a bit better.

I haven't actually made it to England yet, as we had another crisis here. The same day grandbaby came home from the hospital, her mother had a mini-stroke, and has been in the hospital herself ever since. She is stable now, and should be home Monday or so.

So, I've booked another flight for England on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll make this one. And thank again my dear.
Oh My Word Morgan ! When it rains it pours doesn't it ? Don't worry as we are ALL praying for you and your family :nun: we loves you :wub: Hang in there

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I have a question for the electrical guru's.
You have mod which can take (1)18650 2200 mah battery or it can use (2) 18350 batteries rated at 800 mah each for a total of 1600. With identical power settings on the mod which battery setup will last longer??

This actually can't be answered with just the included info ...

In one set of tests I saw in the last few months ( and I don't remember where ) they were putting up two batteries made by the same company up against each other... the battery with the lower mah capacity, on the particular APV they were testing with would last longer because the voltage dropped off quicker on the higher mah capacity and reached the APC safety voltage cutoff first before the lower mah capacity would... Both batteries capacities were tested to be pretty accurate, but the lower capacity battery was able to handle a higher voltage for longer in this one test.

The problem here is that another set of batteries by another maker... or using different chemistry's will have different voltage drop off curves. Different APV's also have different shut off circuits...

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
Nothings ever simple, is it?
Welcome to our world, but this is easier than measuring PWM voltage: you need to convert the mah to wh [watt hours] by multiplying by the voltage. I’m working on it [NEVERMIND, the voltages are the same so your addition works],

But remember using the boost circuit [for the single battery] you’ll have a more heat losses and the battery people are less than honest about their mah. With the heat loss of the bigger, lower voltage batteries, being boosted up its [maybe] the same as the two higher voltage batteries being bucked down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread