Bench Test Results: EnerCig 15A 4000mAh 20700…double wrapped, identical to Sanyo NCR20700B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it only says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

Cell photos: https://imgur . com/a/gWYz3
    (Sorry for the split link but direct links to Imgur do not display properly)

Bottom Line
    This cell is identical in appearance and performance to the terrific Sanyo NCR20700B. It is not a high power cell but it provides a lot of capacity for low power single-cell mods or moderate power for multi-cell mods. I recommend staying below about 40W per cell for decent performance.

This cell is double wrapped. While this provides a lot more protection from damage to the wrap it does increase the diameter of the cell a bit. For the two cells I tested the largest diameter was 20.42mm. It has the same thin paper top insulator ring as the Sanyo NCR20700B so I recommend avoiding juice leakage onto the top of the battery.

I am especially pleased to say the EnerCig has rated this cell at 15A. I am rating this cell at 15A and 4000mAh.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by EnerCig in Germany (www.enercig.com). Thank you!

Continuous-Current Test Results
    EnerCig EC-27B 15A 4000mAh 20700 CC Tests.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    No pulse tests were done as this is a Sanyo NCR20700B

To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread