Bench Test Results: Keeppower 15A 4250mAh 20700…accurately rated, a Sanyo NCR20700B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it only says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

Cell photos: https://imgur . com/a/WzGss
    (Sorry for the split link but direct links to Imgur do not display properly)

Bottom Line
    This cell is identical in appearance and performance to the 15A 4000mAh Sanyo NCR20700B.

Keeppower uses the “typical” capacity rating of the Sanyo, 4250mAh, for its rating of this cell instead of the Sanyo’s 4000mAh “rated capacity”. Both ratings are accurate. It all just depends on which is more important for that particular application for the cell.

Whenever possible I use the rated capacity so I rate the Sanyo and this Keeppower at 4000mAh.

I’m happy to say its 15A continuous current rating is accurate. Actually, it’s slightly low.

This cell has a completely useless “Max Pulse” rating of 30A though. Without knowing the pulse length, time between pulses, and the criteria used to set the rating (voltage sag? temperature? vaping time?) we can’t compare this rating to one from any other cell. It’s useless.

I am rating this cell at 15A and 4000mAh. I recommend staying below about 40W though to prevent excessive voltage sag and reduced vaping time.

This cell has a plastic top insulating ring so juice spills will not damage the ring.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by All Day Vapes (http:www.alldayvapes365.com/). Thank you!

Continuous-Current Test Results
    Keeppower 15A 4250mAh 20700 CC Tests.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    No pulse testing was done as this is a Sanyo NCR20700B rewrap.

Comments

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread