Bent Chimney - Kanger Subtank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
I purchased a Kanger Subtank Mini yesterday. When I got home I took it apart and noticed that the base (deck) did not threat smoothly. It squeaked and was hard to turn in spots. The squeaking has ceased but it still turns hard in spots. Hmm. I took off the coil and threaded the base onto the tank and it threaded smooth as silk. Put the coil on, and it threaded hard in spots again. This leads me to believe that the chimney tube may be bent. I went to YouTube and found a video describing the same issue. It works fine...at least for now...but this is a concern. Thinking I should return it to the shop where I purchased it. Just curious if anyone here has encountered that problem. Please advise.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I purchased a Kanger Subtank Mini yesterday. When I got home I took it apart and noticed that the base (deck) did not threat smoothly. It squeaked and was hard to turn in spots. The squeaking has ceased but it still turns hard in spots. Hmm. I took off the coil and threaded the base onto the tank and it threaded smooth as silk. Put the coil on, and it threaded hard in spots again. This leads me to believe that the chimney tube may be bent. I went to YouTube and found a video describing the same issue. It works fine...at least for now...but this is a concern. Thinking I should return it to the shop where I purchased it. Just curious if anyone here has encountered that problem. Please advise.

I would Definitely take your Subtank back to where you got it.

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
Follow up. Took the Subtank Mini back to the shop and he said it was fine. Pretty much what I figured he would say. I said okay, but if I start having problems with it you'll make it right, right? You bet, he said. I came to the conclusion that the problem is not with the chimney, but with the machining of the OCC coils. Bottom line: I brought it home and fired that bugger up. Berry Intense (e-liquid). NICE.

Reactions: zoiDman

LewAz

Apr 2, 2015
Great American Southwest
I've had authentic OCC heads that the threads were a bit janky on. They are mass produced after all.
Interestingly, after using the tank since yesterday morning, the issue has resolved itself. Base threads on and off the tank like butter. Can't explain it...break in period? I don't know. I do know I am liking the Subtank. And the Eleaf 30w...fantastic. Thanks for your help guys.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Interestingly, after using the tank since yesterday morning, the issue has resolved itself. Base threads on and off the tank like butter. Can't explain it...break in period? I don't know. I do know I am liking the Subtank. And the Eleaf 30w...fantastic. Thanks for your help guys.

Sometimes the e-Cigarette Gods test us to see if we are Truly Faithful.

Sounds like you Passed their Test. And they Now they consider you Worthy of their Blessings.

That... Or it could be that there was a Small Burr on the Thread that has been Knocked off.

But I like the Mystical thing Better Myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread