kanger sub-tank mini coil/chimney problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Lebanon, Indiana, United States
Ok I got a slight issues. I am using the Kanger Sub-tank Mini. I use the Kanger OCC coils. Well here is the problem, I went to put in a new coil but then when I went to seal it back up like I always do, the center piece of the coil doesn't seem to be fitting on the chimney right on the inside. As a result I can't get it to seal. I have since then put the old coil back in. I don't want to open up another new coil just yet. i want to try to get this issue fixed. I have had this setup since feb and this is the first time I have encountered this issue.

Last edited:

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
I may have to chuck it. I didn't have a problem with the one before. Though I also recently had to switch in my replacement tank that came with it. Old one broke. When I put it together with the coil I had in it before I had a small issue but it ended up screwing in fine. This one it just won't budge at all. I just hate chucking things and I don't feel like making the drive out to the shop to return just 1 coil to the shop I got them from. It isn't in the same town and the trip hardly feels worth it gas wise for 1 coil.

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
I am using the Kanger Sub-Tank Mini. I bought it back in feb. It was only having this issue with that 1 coil. As far as I know other then airflow and the tank sizes, they all use the same size coils. I actually bought this one because I heard it had better airflow then the nano and original kanger sub-tank. So far I have loved it. Though the rebuildable rba sucks.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
One thing nice with Kanger is they seem to be trying to make a one coil fits all design for their sub-tanks.
Yes, and Aspire is learning since the Triton is compatible with the Atlantis coils and vice versa. What's even better is those same Atlantis coils will work in the Herakles, the Freemax Starre and Freemax Starre Pro, the Silo Beast, the eLeaf Melo and iJust, and several other tanks.

James Wilson

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2014
Yes, and Aspire is learning since the Triton is compatible with the Atlantis coils and vice versa. What's even better is those same Atlantis coils will work in the Herakles, the Freemax Starre and Freemax Starre Pro, the Silo Beast, the eLeaf Melo and iJust, and several other tanks.

I still need to get myself a backup setup. I kinda want to get that black sub-tank with the sub-box kanger has though. It looks great. As much as I wanna try another tank, that one is too sweet to ignore. It will prob have to wait until I get more money though lol

Reactions: JimDrock

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I still need to get myself a backup setup. I kinda want to get that black sub-tank with the sub-box kanger has though. It looks great. As much as I wanna try another tank, that one is too sweet to ignore. It will prob have to wait until I get more money though lol
I still love my Subtanks, and love them even more with the new vertical OCC's, but only in Kanthal. The nickel OCC's are just too finicky and don't perform very well. For temperature control, I much prefer the Atlantis/Triton. Their nickel coils are much more consistent and you don't get the resistance wandering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread