Berserker Mini V2 For Salt Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I was wondering if I can use the berserker mini v2 for salt nic. Originally I had bought it for freebase nic but the thought crossed my mind whether I can use it for salt nic too. I was thinking that a 28G kanthal wire single coil build would work for salt. Please let me know if I can actually build like a 7 wrap 3mm coil, ohms should be around 1.7, 1.8 together with low wattage (or maybe 2.5 inner diameter). Will this work out well for 50mg salt nic? Honestly what is my best option? Should I go for the 26G instead? Should I space my coils or not for the salt nic?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yes you can use the Berserker mini v2 for salt nic and you are correct that you should keep the wattage low. 50 mg/ml is a lot of nic and the higher the wattage, the more of it you are going to vaporize per drag. IMO 28 gauge is going to be good to start with, but I would go with 2.5 mm and keep the number of wraps low enough so at your desired wattage it will not take too long for the coil to heat up. How many watts do you have in mind to start with?

Let us know how it works out for you :thumb:

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
Yes you can use the Berserker mini v2 for salt nic and you are correct that you should keep the wattage low. 50 mg/ml is a lot of nic and the higher the wattage, the more of it you are going to vaporize per drag. IMO 28 gauge is going to be good to start with, but I would go with 2.5 mm and keep the number of wraps low enough so at your desired wattage it will not take too long for the coil to heat up. How many watts do you have in mind to start with?

Let us know how it works out for you :thumb:
I realized that it's kind of pointless to use the berserker mini v2 for salt nic if I have a pod system for it already because a pod system is a lot smaller and easier to carry around. I think I'm going to use the berserker mini v2 for net eliquid. Do you think I should still make my coils at 2.5mm inner diameter and less wraps with the 28G kanthal or is 3mm good too? Also I read that spacing coils for nets is better for less gunk and less dry hits. What do you think?

Reactions: Superuser187

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I realized that it's kind of pointless to use the berserker mini v2 for salt nic if I have a pod system for it already because a pod system is a lot smaller and easier to carry around. I think I'm going to use the berserker mini v2 for net eliquid. Do you think I should still make my coils at 2.5mm inner diameter and less wraps with the 28G kanthal or is 3mm good too? Also I read that spacing coils for nets is better for less gunk and less dry hits. What do you think?

How many watts do you want to vape at? Do you like a warm or cold vape?

As for spaced coils, I don't vape net liquids but my all day vape is on the 'gunky' side. I space my coils. I don't know for sure if this helps with gunk, but IMO it's going in the right direction for that. If anyone who vapes net juices reads this I'm sure they'll chime in with their experience.

Reactions: EIHYPI

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
How many watts do you want to vape at? Do you like a warm or cold vape?

As for spaced coils, I don't vape net liquids but my all day vape is on the 'gunky' side. I space my coils. I don't know for sure if this helps with gunk, but IMO it's going in the right direction for that. If anyone who vapes net juices reads this I'm sure they'll chime in with their experience.
I like a cooler vape. I'm currently vaping at 7 watts but with a mtl setup 18mg net.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I like a cooler vape. I'm currently vaping at 7 watts but with a mtl setup 18mg net.

I vape at 7-8 watts but I like a warmer vape. If I were you, using 28 gauge Kanthal, my starting setup would be either:

2.5mm, 5 wraps, which will give you about 1 ohm.

3mm, 4 wraps, which will also give you about 1 ohm.

Both will vape very similarly with almost no heat-up time at the start of your vape. Just depends if you prefer 2.5mm or 3. You can add a wrap or two to each if you want to cool it down a little more and get a little more flavor, but too many wraps and you'll start to notice some heat-up time.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Honestly does anyone think it's logical to use the berserker mini v2 for salt nic if I already have a dedicated pod? I guess the advantages would be saving coils but other than that is it worth it? What is the best way to go about it?

IMO, only you can answer this as it all depends on your preferences. I would start off with what I had on hand or choose what I feel might be best for me and see how it goes. You can always change things as you gain experience :cool:

BTW, I have a few Berzerker RDAs that use the same air hole inserts as your tank does. I love them! Experiment with different air hole sizes, they make a very noticeable difference to your vape.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
IMO, only you can answer this as it all depends on your preferences. I would start off with what I had on hand or choose what I feel might be best for me and see how it goes. You can always change things as you gain experience :cool:

BTW, I have a few Berzerker RDAs that use the same air hole inserts as your tank does. I love them! Experiment with different air hole sizes, they make a very noticeable difference to your vape.
Do you think if I use the largest airflow insert and open the airflow on the bottom of the tank fully I can take a direct to lung drag for the salt nic? This way I'll have the option, I can tighten up the airflow on the bottom (while the largest insert is in still) to get a mtl hit if I want to?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Do you think if I use the largest airflow insert and open the airflow on the bottom of the tank fully I can take a direct to lung drag for the salt nic? This way I'll have the option, I can tighten up the airflow on the bottom (while the largest insert is in still) to get a mtl hit if I want to?

These days I vape everything direct to lung (DL), and my tanks and RDA's have restricted direct lung air flows (RDL). For me that means the air flow is between a loose MTL to a little less than what people consider just into full DL. Ultimately, you can vape any air flow DL, but if the atomizer is designed for true MTL it will take a long DL drag to get it done :)

Yes, if you install a big air flow hole insert you'll certainly be able to reduce air flow of the tank with the air flow ring, but the hole size under the coil also affects the vape regardless of how fast you draw. If you adjust only the air flow ring to give you a full MTL draw in this scenario, my bet is you'll also want a smaller air flow insert hole so it gives you a better MTL vape.

IMO at this point you're overthinking this a bit EIHYPI. Keep in mind that you can easily change the airflow insert, the tank air flow ring setting, the coil and the juice as you see fit. This means you don't have to get it right the first time, and my bet is no matter how much you try to think through every variable you are very unlikely to get it perfect the first time. If you make a good guess at how to set up this tank the first time you will have a good chance at getting a reasonable vape right off the bat. Then it's all about tweaking things from your experience with the setup(s) you've tried in mind to get it to where you want it. One thing I would suggest is that you vape one setup for a few days minimum making only minor changes so you give yourself time to really get to know a setup before you move to the next one.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens

From my experience if u do that u wont get a proper mouth to lung vape cause the deck airflow with the outside airflow shouldnt have that big difference....u cant supply good air if the outside airflow hole is small but inside its big caus you ruin the whole airflow speed.....but u can try it and if u feel u like vaping it mouth to lung like this then its fine and u xan use for both direct lung then

• Agree
Reactions: Ryedan

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
From my experience if u do that u wont get a proper mouth to lung vape cause the deck airflow with the outside airflow shouldnt have that big difference....u cant supply good air if the outside airflow hole is small but inside its big caus you ruin the whole airflow speed.....but u can try it and if u feel u like vaping it mouth to lung like this then its fine and u xan use for both direct lung then
I think I am going to vape the tank with a mid size airflow insert, normal bottom airflow and use it the way it was intended for, true mtl with my nets. Like @Ryedan said, stick with one setup for a while and get used to it and get to know it. No need to jump around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread