Best 555 DIY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Hello, everyone!

I know this topic has been discussed before, I even got some tips and really enjoyed also Health Cabin's 555, but still a bit strong at 3,5% or so, sickens a bit, I like to mix it with others liek RY1 or Tribeca clone.

Other than that, have tried many others like Inaware, etc. but didnt really like any as I like the ready made liquid such as Halo's Prime or Niteline Rider (awesome, a pitty seems it doesnt exist anymore). However, I really have to save money and go along with DIY :)

Any other tips on really good, subtle, soft 555 essence for DIY?

Thanks!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello, everyone!

I know this topic has been discussed before, I even got some tips and really enjoyed also Health Cabin's 555, but still a bit strong at 3,5% or so, sickens a bit, I like to mix it with others liek RY1 or Tribeca clone.

Other than that, have tried many others like Inaware, etc. but didnt really like any as I like the ready made liquid such as Halo's Prime or Niteline Rider (awesome, a pitty seems it doesnt exist anymore). However, I really have to save money and go along with DIY :)

Any other tips on really good, subtle, soft 555 essence for DIY?

Thanks!
Hi,
Have you tried the 555 versions from Hangsen or Dekang?
How long did you let the HC 555 age?
What is the PG/VG ratio of your mix?

What device and topper are you using?

Cheers
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thanks for reply, Izan. I dont remember, but I think I didnt. I tried Flavorwest, Inawera, Hangsen and didnt like any of them.

Which one you recommend? A lite 555...

I was usually doing 70% PG, but I see nowadays folks have used less PG, so Ive been doing 60% PG or 50%.

Thanks
I was going to suggest the Hangsen.
It's been 4-5 years since my 555 days, but I seem to recall my best mixes used low percentages (1-2%) and an extended ageing time. 3 months or more.
At the time I was doing shake and vape mixtures and I consistently over flavored my tobaccos. With no aging, it was okay for a few days, but as it matured, it became unvapable.
I kept cutting the percentages down and extending the ageing time. It eventually hit a sweet spot and it was perfect.

I was using a SS304, .5Ω-1Ω single coil spring-o, in a mtl hybrid rta powered by an 18650. (Esterigon/Tilemahos)

HTH
I

Reactions: smacuser

robertboyl

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Canada
Thanks a lot for tips. My 555 has aged, the Health Cabin one, it's good but still get a bit sicked of it, Ive mixed it with Tobaco.

My notes form years ago inform that Hangsen #5 has a bad, had a taste after I would take a hit. I had also tasted Highway, Arabic, Elder, found them all harsh, maybe I didnt steep enough or wrong percentage, but my quest for a good 555 in terms of DIY was tiring, tested so many...

You have me one idea. As when I mix my HC 555 with Ry1 or Tribeca clone, its really good. Just a little bit. But then it doesnt mix appropriately, if I put just 1 drop lets say of 555 in my rh1 or tribeca juice. I should do the mix and let it steep, perheps will be even better... :) and then maybe Ill use it that way...

I did like the juice Niteline which folks recommended here in the forum, too bad they closed down... Also long ago I would really enjoy Halo prime, but I kind of see what folks say about Halo sometimes being a bit strange at times in terms of odor... and it would be too expensive to keep buying, hence I prefer DIY...

Also my notes inform I enjoyed BWB one... Joyetech 555 was ok too...

I was hoping for a real good DIY 555, lite, not too strong... Let's see, maybe my Health cabin one with lower percentage will be what I look for.

Thanks

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    The TriBeCa clone I make uses a lot of Ry4 Double. If you like that, do a search for Goofy's Juice on ELR. I made it for the first time and it went quick. Basically, it's Ry4D, hazelnut, graham cracker clear, peanut butter and AP.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    It's not 555 but Purilum Sweet tobacco has a subtle nutty flavor. If you mixed it with the 555 you have, it may be really good. I use it by itself and in quite a few recipes and it is my favorite.
    I was actually thinking of subbing PST for RY4D next time I make Goofy's. I would even try Soho, but I have a hard time hanging with its percentages.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I was actually thinking of subbing PST for RY4D next time I make Goofy's. I would even try Soho, but I have a hard time hanging with its percentages.
    I still gotta try out soho. Love mixing with PST. i am not sure if it has a strong enough flavor to sub for RY4 but it's worth a shot.

Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread